Hello from Vancouver Island!

• miriamlam
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • Life is too short. Take a chance
More
30 May 2008 04:16 #216713 by miriamlam
Hello from Vancouver Island! was created by miriamlam
Just new to riding and bought myself a 1982, kz250. It's a great little bike and I'll get a lot of miles out of it yet!
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 May 2008 05:38 #216725 by Mcdroid
Replied by Mcdroid on topic Hello from Vancouver Island!
Welcome miriamlam! You have a nice motorcycle there and you've come to the right place for Kawasaki information. Vancouver Island is one of the many places I have a yen to visit...heard very good things.:)

Michael
Victoria, Texas

1982 GPz750
1977 KZ1000A
1978 KZ1000A
1982 GPz1100
1975 Z2A

More
30 May 2008 08:03 #216753 by Sandy
Replied by Sandy on topic Hello from Vancouver Island!
Welcome!
Van Isle eh...what part?
And quit sending your rain to the Kootenays!:laugh:

1977 KZ1000 A-1

• miriamlam
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
30 May 2008 14:31 #216822 by miriamlam
Replied by miriamlam on topic Hello from Vancouver Island!
Thanks. I live just outside of Victoria and I can't help that it's raining in the Kootenays! I'm just glad it's not doing it here! :lol:

I still have a lot of work to do on my bike, but it's getting there. Lots of rust on the frame still.Thankfully it's not too bad.

Glad to be here!
:)

• ran429
  • User
  • Master of FREE rides!
More
31 May 2008 16:48 #217000 by ran429
Replied by ran429 on topic Hello from Vancouver Island!
Oh yeah, quits sending it to Whyning Sandy and redirects it to seattle!!!! What kind of crap is that!? Pick on the Americans I get it!

Welcome to KzRider.com From Kent Washington, i am sure you will enjoy it here.

• miriamlam
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
31 May 2008 18:35 #217021 by miriamlam
Well, if it's there then it's on the way here as I can see seattle from the beach! LOL

My apologies for your crappy weather. From what I hear there's a thing that's called "summer" that we might see sometime soon...
(fingers crossed...)

Thanks for the welcome

More
01 Jun 2008 10:44 #217129 by Sandy
ran429 wrote:

Oh yeah, quits sending it to Whyning Sandy and redirects it to seattle!!!! What kind of crap is that!? Pick on the Americans I get it!

Welcome to KzRider.com From Kent Washington, i am sure you will enjoy it here.

LMAO!:laugh:

Well I have to say,Randy,that when the Warden and I were in Seattle a few years back,the weather was absolutely gorgeous!
The only percip was on our way to Ocean Shores,and there was a heavy mist in the air...not rain,but I still had to wipe the visor.
Man,we had a good time!B)

I just remembered...I'v HAD my Kawi on Van Isle...years ago,I had to drive my van over,so I threw the kawi in the back.Didn't get a lot of riding in,but I did tour around downtown Vic.
Stopped in at "Big Bad Johns" for a sodi-pop.;)

1977 KZ1000 A-1

• RetroRiceRocketRider
  • User
  • ...bring in the machine that goes PING!
More
01 Jun 2008 12:10 #217152 by RetroRiceRocketRider
Replied by RetroRiceRocketRider on topic Hello from Vancouver Island!
Welcome to KZr miriamlam. :)

So fill us in on the specifics of your bike (it's history if known, what ya paid for it, what repairs/upgrades you plan on doing to it, etc.) and how you were bitten by the "motorcycle bug".

We don't get much of the "R" word here in Southern Calif (ducks whatever Sandy threw at him :P ), but my warden/wife and I are planning on hopefully taking a trip someday to see some of the beautiful countryside you folks have up there.

Covina, So Calif!
78 KZ650-B2 = SOLD
84 ZN700 LTD = SOLD
84 ZX750 GPz = SOLD
89 GSX1100F Katana = SLEEPING :-/
20 VN1700 Vulcan Vaquero (the Blue Cowboy)
Looking for my next project KZ

More
01 Jun 2008 15:04 #217207 by Sandy
Yer SUCH an ass!:laugh:

1977 KZ1000 A-1

• miriamlam
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
02 Jun 2008 08:55 #217383 by miriamlam
RetroRiceRocketRider wrote:

Welcome to KZr miriamlam. :)

So fill us in on the specifics of your bike (it's history if known, what ya paid for it, what repairs/upgrades you plan on doing to it, etc.) and how you were bitten by the "motorcycle bug".

Well, I don't know anything about the history of the bike, but hubby saw it for sale on the side of the road and asked the guy about it. Hubby used to have a Kaw550 so he had some idea of how they ran. The guy said it was his buddy's bike but he didn't need it anymore so he said, " I don't feel like cleaning it up. I'll sell it to you for 500 bucks".

Well, hubby took it for a test ride and it ran wonderfully. He called me and the rest is history.

Mostly I am just going to do cosmetic work on it. It needs a new seat as I have had to do the 5 dollar duct tape rememdy for the moment. I have some oil filters sitting here for when I do an oil change. I have a new air filter on order through the kaw dealer (that was a PITA to try and find one that would work...), and found the service manual on EBAY for it and we'll see from there. I have to get a new back tire put on her so she's completely safe. I'm just going to try and get her back into really good shape and make sure that everything is doing what it's supposed to. This is only my "starter" bike for now but that doesn't mean I'm not going to give her the love that she deserves. Who knows, maybe I'll keep her when I upgrade to a bigger bike. I have a tendency to get sentemental about these things...

I've always thought that riding was "cool" but was discouraged from doing it as it's expensive for the courses and road test. Well, gas hit a 1.30/L and I thought "that's enough!" It's costing me a bundle to get to and from work and it's only going to get more expensive! So that's what led me into getting my licence and taking the course (a few years later when I had a bit of a disposable income). So I bought the bike, got it insured, and have been practicing ever since.

I'm excited as I went out yesterday for a birthday ride. My first ever! Sure beats going around and around in a parking lot! I thought that doing 50 would be scary but I was relaxed and in control of the bike. My "licenced" friend said to me, "Why am I even here!???" Hubby and him think that I'm ready to go on a noob ride now. I'm excited!!!!!!
Attachments:

More
02 Jun 2008 11:32 #217420 by Qdude
Replied by Qdude on topic Hello from Vancouver Island!
Welcome from that beach in Seattle. There is still no sand nor waves. The German word for the water here is Farginfreesen. And the girls are all simultaneously pasty-white and sunburned pink?

Please please please be careful as a new motorcycleist. Feel free to play the "Search for the car that might kill me" game. I play it whenever I am within 10 feet of my bike...

77 KZ 650 C1.
77 KZ 650 C1.
Crashed-Repaired, Pods, Kerker pipe, re-wired core bundle, lamp upgraded, homemade rectifier, solid state regulator , Dyna-s ignition, repainted, slightly modified, year-round commuter
Honda Metro 85 mpg Scooter. Dont laugh I will throw it at you

• miriamlam
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
02 Jun 2008 14:01 #217463 by miriamlam
Thankfully I work from 5am to 1pm so there's no traffic on the road when I go to work and only minimal traffic when I come home from work. I have more worries about running into deer or coons at that time of day! I see them often but know where they like to congregate so I always keep an extra close watch for them.
So, if I get hurt it's from my own stupidity and not from someone else's.