Back in The Saddle in East TN

More
16 May 2008 15:10 #214073 by KZTennessee
Back in The Saddle in East TN was created by KZTennessee
Hello Folks,

Well this is not my first time around this forum but it may as well be; because the last time I checked in here was in 2003. Really seems like an eternity. Anyway, thought I would introduce myself. I currently own an 82 KZ750 which brought me to this forum originally back in 02. She has been sitting in the barn for a couple of years now, because I have been riding this 78 KZ1000 that I picked up in Indiana back in 2004. My orginal plan was to go all out and customize this bike, however, she turned into a daily rider and I have never really got around to all the stuff I wanted to do. Hoping to strip her down this winter until then, I'll keeping doing little things along the way, just like I have been doing while still keeping her up and running for the 1/2 hour ride to work.

On a side note, any other Tennesse residents out there? Oh well, I'll be hanging around. Hope to hear from ya'll.

Blessings

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 May 2008 15:43 #214076 by rstnick
Replied by rstnick on topic Back in The Saddle in East TN
Welcome back.

As an older member, you must know we love pictures. Could you add some to show us how your rides currently look? B)

Rob
CANADA

Need a key for your Kawasaki? PM me

1978 KZ650 C2, 130K kms, Delkevic ex, EI, CVK32, PMC easy clutch, ATK fork brace, steering damper, braced swingarm, 18" Z1R front wheel.
2000 ZRX1100
2011 Ninja 250R
2005 z750s

More
16 May 2008 18:25 #214099 by KZTennessee
Replied by KZTennessee on topic Back in The Saddle in East TN
rstnick wrote:

Welcome back.

As an older member, you must know we love pictures. Could you add some to show us how your rides currently look? B)

Sure. Luckily I snapped a shot of my 1000 today after returning from a 250 mile round trip. I'll go grap the SD card from the camera and post this pic in just a few.
Oh, BTW, I forgot to mention that the KZ1000 is a C1 police. Anyway, be back in a minute.

Blessings

More
16 May 2008 18:31 #214101 by KZTennessee
OK, Here is how she currently looks. Not a show stopper, but she will really walk the dog when you roll on the throttle.

Blessings
Attachments:

More
17 May 2008 06:54 #214168 by tjhiggin
Replied by tjhiggin on topic Back in The Saddle in East TN
Great looking bike!

I'm hoping to get up to your neck of the woods sometime this summer to ride the Dragon & some of the other great roads in East TN.

T.J. in Huntsville, Alabama
1983 KZ1100-A3, 1974 Honda CB550-4
Previous bikes: CB100, TS125, CB175, KZ400, CB500-4

More
17 May 2008 14:47 #214208 by KZTennessee
tjhiggin wrote:

Great looking bike!

I'm hoping to get up to your neck of the woods sometime this summer to ride the Dragon & some of the other great roads in East TN.

Thanks,

I'm only 1/2 hour from the dragon and we normally take that ride a couple times each year. We like to stroll on over to Fontana Dam while we are up there and then roll back into Robbinsville, NC for some Bojangles chicken before heading across the Cherohala Skyway into Tellic Plains, TN. Just be careful over there, some people that ride that road have no reguard for their life or the lives of others.

Blessings