Intro and ?s from new Spectre 1100 Owner

More
28 Apr 2008 12:29 #209810 by sunup
Howdy all, Im the new owner of a 1982 Spectre 1100 here in SE PA.
It needs some minor work, and then she is getting customized to my likings!
No pictures just yet :( sorry

My main questions are regarding a 4 into 1, whats the consensus? Vance and Hines? MAC?
Im also a little concerned about the throttle, clutch, and brake cable once I change the original handlebars to something a little more modern (read: shorter)

Anyhow, nice to be a part of the ol Kawasaki crowd again, Im looking forward to hearing from you and getting this monster back on the road!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Apr 2008 13:53 #209832 by Mcdroid
Replied by Mcdroid on topic Intro and ?s from new Spectre 1100 Owner
Hello sunup...welcome to KZRider! Do you have the Kawasaki Heavy Industries shop manual? If not, get one from eBay...it will answer many many questions. As for headers, do you intend on keeping the stock airbox or losing that too? You'll be rejetting. Do you like the black exhaust look? If so, you are stuck with MAC...V&H are chrome (unless you want to paint a brand new header). Kerker also makes a black header, but it is about US$200.00 more than either of the above choices.

If you change the handlebars, I suggest you call www.z1enterprises.com and chat with them, they can suggest alternate cables (depending on the style of the handlebars).

:)

Michael
Victoria, Texas

1982 GPz750
1977 KZ1000A
1978 KZ1000A
1982 GPz1100
1975 Z2A

More
28 Apr 2008 20:25 #209930 by sunup
Replied by sunup on topic Intro and ?s from new Spectre 1100 Owner
Mcdroid, thanks for the info.
I do have the Clymer Manual on order, should be here in a day or two!

Id prefer to go with chrome for the header, which Vance and Hines would work for me, Ive only been able to find them for the KZ1000?

Im also planning on keeping the stock airbox for right now.

My plan is to get her running and tuned well in the next month or so, enjoy a little summer/fall riding, then really get into the modifications over the winter (possibly pods, cams, etc...)

Also thanks for the tip about Z1Ent, I will be giving them a call :cheer:

More
28 Apr 2008 21:44 #209950 by Qdude
Replied by Qdude on topic Intro and ?s from new Spectre 1100 Owner
Welcome,

and remember to post your bike info in your profile so that it will show up on your posts. This makes it easier for users to know your bike without you referring to it specifically every time.

Welcome,

Q

77 KZ 650 C1.
77 KZ 650 C1.
Crashed-Repaired, Pods, Kerker pipe, re-wired core bundle, lamp upgraded, homemade rectifier, solid state regulator , Dyna-s ignition, repainted, slightly modified, year-round commuter
Honda Metro 85 mpg Scooter. Dont laugh I will throw it at you