looking for some help

More
11 Mar 2008 16:34 #199611 by gbfan7606
looking for some help was created by gbfan7606
i purchased a 1978 kz650 last year and fell in love. i wasnt planning on doing to much to it except what was needed to keep it running. i just came across a kz650 parts bike for 200 dollars with some parts that i like more then the one on my original bike. i havent exactly had the time to go through the new bike but it had new tires so regarless of what i can and cant use i got my moneys worth in them alone. what info should i get off my new and old bike that will help all you good folks out there whith my future questions ( and plan on the there being many as i have some big plans). sorry if i dont reply quick i am an aprentice going to school during the week so what little i do have will be devoted to riding the currently working bike, while getting the bits and peices cleaned up on the donor before the swap.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Mar 2008 18:43 #199631 by steell
Replied by steell on topic looking for some help
Just post the VIN number off the headstock behind the headlight on each one. That will tell exactly what model and year each is.

The date of manufacture listed there may or may not be the year model, that depends on what month it was manufactured.

KD9JUR

More
11 Mar 2008 20:23 #199647 by gbfan7606
Replied by gbfan7606 on topic looking for some help
ill try to get those by the end of the week along with some pics of what im lookin to do