Hello,just checking in.

More
30 Nov 2007 08:21 #183201 by coolatula
Hello,just checking in. was created by coolatula
I joined many years ago,but haven't kept up or posted on the forum so it's like I rediscovered the site all over again!

I have two basket case KZ550 LTDs that I thought about parting out. Then I got to thinking I may just try to find a titled frame and build one decent bike out of them since I already have most of the parts.

I'm a long time KZ fan and put many,many miles on my brother-in-laws 1981 KZ750LTD.

That bike is now owned by a friend of mine,has over 45,000+ miles on it and still is one of the meanest sounding street bikes I've ever heard.

Nothing except maybe a gear driven cammed VFR1000R(I had one of those too)can come close to the sound of a four cylinder KZ with pods,jet kit and a Kerker header!

In total me and my friends have five KZs.
My two 550LTDs,one friend with a wire wheeled KZ650(my favorite!),the one with the above mentioned KZ750 LTD and his brother has a standard KZ750 with factory mag wheels.

The standard KZ he just picked up about a month ago and get this.... It has under 4,700 ORIGINAL miles on it! Still has the stock tires,exhaust etc.,but was not cared for as it has sat since the early 90's.

This tale of the KZ750 is a very sad one and the reason the bike sat is just truly heart breaking. That is another story for another time though.

Post edited by: coolatula, at: 2007/11/30 11:23

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Nov 2007 08:28 #183202 by Patton
Replied by Patton on topic Hello,just checking in.
coolatula wrote:

... may just try to find a titled frame....

Maybe this could help ---

Click Here

Good Luck! :)

1973 Z1
KZ900 LTD

More
30 Nov 2007 09:17 #183214 by ltdrider
Replied by ltdrider on topic Hello,just checking in.
Thanks for checking in. Hope your basket cases see the road again one day.

'76 KZ900 LTD (Blaze)
'96 Voyager XII (Dark Star)
'79 KZ650 Cafe Project (Dirty Kurt)
Greensboro, NC

More
30 Nov 2007 09:29 #183219 by coolatula
Replied by coolatula on topic Hello,just checking in.
Patton wrote:

coolatula wrote:

... may just try to find a titled frame....

Maybe this could help ---

Click Here

Good Luck! :)

Thanks!
I won't be doing anything with the KZ until at least the Spring.

I have several other projects I HAVE to get done this winter including,but not limited to a Custom hard-tail framed Harley Sportster,
1972 Hodaka Ace 100 Cafe/Race bike,Honda XR80 dirt bike,Suzuki TS185 trail bike,1974 Honda CB200T Cafe project,Vintage 15' Lone Star aluminum boat & trailer to boot.

WOW,that's a lot and I won't even talk about
the Grand Prix style single seat car I plan to build out of an old Datsun P/U I have!

Plus all the misc. bikes I need to breakdown,de-rust,paint,tag and sell over the winter.

I also work an average of about 50 hrs. a week at my regular job with a daily 1 1/2 hr commute,so not much free time as it is!

I hope to find a titled frame close to where I live. Even for free it would cost more to drive two states away then to just pick one up in Indy or somewhere in Indiana closer to where I live.

I live in South Central Indiana(about 18 mi. West of Bloomington,In.).:(

Post edited by: coolatula, at: 2007/11/30 12:30

Post edited by: coolatula, at: 2007/11/30 12:34