Just Joined The Site

More
24 Oct 2007 19:25 #177988 by Bill 1075cc
Just Joined The Site was created by Bill 1075cc
Hey everyone. I've been visiting the site for years and finally got around to registering. I have a 76 KZ900A. I picked it up back in 93 and have only gotten it running once. The last owner parked it and left it for 7 or 8 years. The turn signals and mirrors were broken the tires bald and a fairing for a different bike was rigged up on it. I cleaned it up a little and was able to start it but couldn't get it to idle. I still took it for a little spin, just had to play with the throttle when I stopped. After that I started tearing it down to really rebuild it. Money and time were tight and after a couple years I was discouraged after not being able to find a shop to help with the work I wanted to do. So I put it in the corner of my garage and got a Harley. After customizing that over a few years I found this website and started thinking about the old Kaw. Then I found a shop about 45 minutes away that specializes in the old KZs, Redline Cycle Service, they have a link to their web site in the links section. The owner of Redline was cool, he talked to me for awhile even after I said it would be a few years before I could get any work done by his shop. He took me into the shop and showed me the bikes the were working on at the time. Well here are a couple of pics of the bike, the first one is when I first got it home and the second is after I started to rebuild it. Enjoy.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Oct 2007 19:27 #177989 by Bill 1075cc
Replied by Bill 1075cc on topic Just Joined The Site
Pics were too big.
Attachments:

More
24 Oct 2007 19:30 #177990 by Bill 1075cc
Heres the other one.

More
24 Oct 2007 19:39 #177994 by Bill 1075cc
Let's try that again
Attachments:

More
24 Oct 2007 19:40 #177995 by rdgrnr
Replied by rdgrnr on topic Just Joined The Site
Welcome Bill,
I believe you will not only meet alot of KZ'ers here, but if ya look around some, and follow some posts, you may be able to handle alot of that work on your own. When I first came here, I knew almost nothing about bikes other than turning the key. I've learned to rebuild my own carbs, do tune-ups, timing, and picked up various other bits of info. There are lots of people here that have been so helpful. I hope you enjoy your time here..
Later...

77 KZ650B1
80 440 LTD Sold
78 GL1000 Naked Wing Sold
80 CM400E Sold
Brainerd, MN

More
28 Oct 2007 01:58 #178460 by Tony
Replied by Tony on topic Just Joined The Site
Hi Bill, Welcome to KZR! Good luck with your bike.:)

• BoZ650
  • User
  • 77 KZ650 with 4 to1 and pods,Dyna Coil and Dyna S
More
28 Oct 2007 03:22 #178462 by BoZ650
Replied by BoZ650 on topic Just Joined The Site
Sharp looking bike.To bad its sitting.These guys will help ya wiyh just about anything you can imagine,they did it for me!!Just ask and they will tell ya how!Im fairly new also and without this site I would still be scratching my head and staring at my bike!Good luck!

77 KZ650 With 4 into 1 header,Air pods,Dyna Green coils,Dyna S Ignition and WiredGeorge coil mod!

More
28 Oct 2007 05:27 #178467 by bill_wilcox100
Replied by bill_wilcox100 on topic Just Joined The Site
Welcome to the site. BTW, could you put your year, model and location in your signature... it can help get the good and fast responses

Best of success and let us see how it develops.

1977 KZ650-B1 (Stock)
Upgrades:
- Dyna S Electronic Ignition (DS2-2)
- Dyna 3 Ohm Coils (DC1-1)
- Coil Repowering Mod
- Progressive Springs Front & Rear
- Saddlemen Seat Cover
- New Metallic Red Re-Paint & Repro Badges.
Montreal, Canada