Yup! I am a old Newbie

More
23 Oct 2007 09:33 #177803 by 04zrx
Yup! I am a old Newbie was created by 04zrx
60 going on 61 & have been riding since 1962.

First ride was a 1956 Triumph T110 650 cc air cooled. No electric starter for this one!

I have been riding ever since.

The ZRX I have now, has more miles on it than I have ever put on a bike (45,000 in 3 years) I guess I never owned a bike long enough to do that before.

I like wearing out the edges of the tires, & hate long slab rides.

I ride as much as possible while living in Massachusettes, or Taxachusettes!

Loking forward to riding with some of the people here if they are in my local area....

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Oct 2007 09:59 #177810 by Mcdroid
Replied by Mcdroid on topic Yup! I am a old Newbie
Welcome o4zrx! Started riding in 1966...and I'd love to have a Z-rex...but I'll stick with what I have :) There are a number of KZR members from your area...I'm sure you'll meet up with some of them.:)

Michael
Victoria, Texas

1982 GPz750
1977 KZ1000A
1978 KZ1000A
1982 GPz1100
1975 Z2A

More
30 Oct 2007 03:59 #178774 by 04zrx
Replied by 04zrx on topic Yup! I am a old Newbie
Not many ZRX's out my way, but I have met a group of sport bike riders "New England Street Riders.com" which have been a great group to ride with. I'm the only one in the group that is riding a naked bike, but they seem to have accepted me & the Z-rex.

Now to see if I can find someone from this forum in my area.

Later,

Kurt

• CoreyClough
  • User
  • GPz550 Addiction
More
30 Oct 2007 05:44 #178781 by CoreyClough
Replied by CoreyClough on topic Yup! I am a old Newbie
I only have about 30 years of riding, so you still riding in your 60's is something I hope I'm still able to do. ...and on a ZRX, that's on bike I'd like to own in any color other than green. Red/Black would be nice, so I don't have to buy new outfits to match a different color bike. :pinch:

Welcome, and congrats on the 60 years of riding. There should be some members in your area chiming in soon.

Put your pin on the KZR Map, and see where others are in your area.
www.frappr.com/kzrider

'85 GPz550(ZX550-A2)

GPz550 Base Manual --> tinyurl.com/ze5b3qo
GPz550 Supplement Manual --> tinyurl.com/h34d2o6
GPz550.com --> www.nwsca.com/scripts/gpz_forum_2005/default.asp
First Race Win GPz550 --> tinyurl.com/o5y3ftp

More
01 Nov 2007 02:25 #179083 by 04zrx
Replied by 04zrx on topic Yup! I am a old Newbie
CoreyClough wrote:

I only have about 30 years of riding, so you still riding in your 60's is something I hope I'm still able to do. ...and on a ZRX, that's on bike I'd like to own in any color other than green. Red/Black would be nice, so I don't have to buy new outfits to match a different color bike. :pinch:

Welcome, and congrats on the 60 years of riding. There should be some members in your area chiming in soon.

Put your pin on the KZR Map, and see where others are in your area.
www.frappr.com/kzrider

Yeah, my Wife can't beleive I'm still riding either, but after putting around 45,000 miles on the ZRX in 3 years. I think she realizes that I am a safe rider & won't get my self killed or injured.

My ZRX is silver, I would have liked red, but it was not available at that dealership.

I'll take a look at the "frappr" link & see who is near me, Thanks!