OK, guess I'll be a regular then...

More
15 Oct 2007 22:30 #176361 by kbeefy
OK, guess I'll be a regular then... was created by kbeefy
picked up a '80 kz750 ltd tonight, wasn't as clean as it looked in the pics but most everything seemed to work and I got it for $600. Came with a Vetter Fairing and a luggage rack. I drove it around the block, probably all the mileage it'll get before next spring... It seemed a bit slugish, hopefully a tuneup will wake it up but I really don't need to be going to fast anyways.

I'll try to get pics in the next few days!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Oct 2007 00:06 #176366 by donthekawguy
Replied by donthekawguy on topic OK, guess I'll be a regular then...
Welcome to the site. Sounds like you did alright with the 750. Anytime you can get a running KZ for under a buck a cc is a deal.

Rathdrum Idaho
1971 Kawasaki g3ss
1972 Yamaha R5 350
1965 Suzuki Hillbilly
1964 Yamaha 125

More
16 Oct 2007 03:19 #176370 by 2M4Dale
Replied by 2M4Dale on topic OK, guess I'll be a regular then...
Welcome to site ! I have a 80 750LTD too !

Hello from Sunny Mansfield, Ohio
1980 KZ750H1 LTD
1981 KZ750H2 LTD

More
16 Oct 2007 06:29 #176391 by Link14
Replied by Link14 on topic OK, guess I'll be a regular then...
Welcome kbeefy! I picked up an '82 kz750 Ltd last month for about the same price...but I didn't get the luggage rack :( . Did the same thing you did, got it started, drove it around the block, then parked it and started stripping it down. Sluggish would be what I'd call it if I were being nice :P .

Currently going through all the corroded wiring and replacing the pigtails to the components (sure are alot more than my 400). Battery box and electric panel have been blasted and painted. Hopefully I'll have everything under the seat back together this weekend...Then I'll start on the front forks! I'm hoping to have everything at least gone over by Spring, then I'll take it to my mechanic to synch the carbs.

Have fun!

More
16 Oct 2007 10:53 #176447 by conpewter
Replied by conpewter on topic OK, guess I'll be a regular then...
That's the same price I got my KZ750 LTD for back in January. It ran well, came with the fairing but no luggage rack (darnit) Had the sissybar setup instead. Took those two off though, cleaner look I think.

Congrats and I know you'll find lots of help here

More
16 Oct 2007 14:47 #176506 by dannyg40
Replied by dannyg40 on topic OK, guess I'll be a regular then...
Its a great bike.......
Had a 750 about 2 years ago. I did a lot of cosmateic work on it but let me tell you, the guy I got it from just had the carbs rebuilt and it ran like a new bike. The 750's move pretty good. They are not slow bikes by any means. They put out 74 HP and thats no joke for a 750. It did get a little "buzzy" around 65 MPH, but it was a good bike.