• Page:

TOPIC:

Hi everybody! 13 Jan 2006 00:41 #17636

• typhoon
  • typhoon's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi everybody,

New to the forum. My name is Andrew, 35 years old, sailmaker by trade and currently working as a marine trimmer, which is boat covers, boat upholstery etc. I've been marine trimming for about 15 years, and love it. I also fly light aircraft when I can afford it.
I've got a 77 Z650 which I bought off Ebay on an impulse and put some work in to. It's stock except for a 4 into one exhaust and pods.
I had to redo the seat, starter clutch, some simple wiring, big tune up etc to get it registered.
Now, I've never owned a bike before, so it's all an experience for me!
I've always been interested in bikes, but when I was youger, I had a wild streak that would probably have killed me on a bike, so I refrained from buying one. Once our fuel prices went way up last year, I did some thinking and went bike.
I've been riding the bike for about 4 weeks and have had my learner's permit for about the same amount of time, but have had the bike for about six months while I did it up and bought safety gear etc..it was a low dollar build up. I've been exposed to bikes through a mate's father who alwas had ex police bikes, mainly Kawasakis, so after researching I went Kawasaki too. I've spent a lot of time on bicycles when I was younger as a means of transport, so motorbikes has been a reasonably easy progression.
The plan is to build a super reliable commuter bike, and I have a nice old Shoei fairing to go on the bike, this will happen when I repaint the bike. I'd like to get some 70's style panniers for the bike too, but no rush for that. I will also fit some later model alloy wheels so I can run tubeless tyres(for ease of puncture repairs).
I do all my own automotive/ bike work, including paint and upholstery, which is very satisfying.
Anyway, hope to have fun here!

Regards, Andrew.
gpzrider.com/
For all your air/liquid cooled GPZ fun!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Hi everybody! 13 Jan 2006 05:11 #17669

• ran429
  • User
  • Master of FREE rides!
  • Thank you received: 2
Welcome to Kzrider!
Sounds like you have many hobbies. Sounds like you will also ba a positive member with your reupholstering skills too!

Hi everybody! 13 Jan 2006 07:28 #17688

• ejshotgun
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
Hi, Andrew. Defiantly looking forward to seeing some of your work.
You know we expect before and after pics for the rest of us "do-it-yourselfers". :lol:

There are quite a few good tech minded people in this forum that seem to enjoy giving good info plus there is a good archive section to do some checking in.

Looking forward to some pics of your bike also.B)

Eric

Hi everybody! 13 Jan 2006 21:35 #17809

• typhoon
  • User
O.K, well, here is a before photo.
For after photos, well, you will have to wait a few months!
gpzrider.com/
Attachments:

Hi everybody! 13 Jan 2006 21:37 #17810

• typhoon
  • User
O.K, well, here is a before photo.
For after photos, well, you will have to wait a few months!
gpzrider.com/
Attachments:

• Page: