Awesome, look at all the kz people!

More
14 Oct 2007 18:59 #176196 by jskaggz
Awesome, look at all the kz people! was created by jskaggz
After trolling through the classifieds here in Juneau, AK, I ran across a *free* 1981 kz550. She needs uh, a little work, and has made it to the top of the list as a winter project for my son and I. Motorcycling has always been something I've wanted desperatley to get into, and I think that rebuilding this bike during the winter will be just what we need to introduce us to the sport. By golly, this even could become my favorite new hobby. :woohoo:

Here's a pic of the bike as it looked in the back of our truck the night I first brought it home. :-) (It's kinda scary looking.) So, right off, It's missing the headers and pipes, missing the airbox, ignition has been rigged, missing the speedo and tach (but I got the dials off of ebay), missing other things too. :whistle:

So happy there is a community of folks that are into these classic kawasaki's! :laugh:

Post edited by: jskaggz, at: 2007/10/14 22:01
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Oct 2007 23:12 #176227 by The Milkman
Replied by The Milkman on topic Awesome, look at all the kz people!
jskaggz wrote:

So happy there is a community of folks that are into these classic kawasaki's! :laugh:

Whatever gave you the idea that we are into classic KZs...

:woohoo: :woohoo: :lol:

Welcome to the crazy world jskaggz. Looks like you and your son have a fun project ahead of you. Have fun.
Ride safe

78 650-C2, Stock engine, Jardine 4-2 Exh., 17-38 sprockets, dyna ignition and coils, coil wiring mod, carb mod.

More
15 Oct 2007 08:17 #176255 by Sandy
Replied by Sandy on topic Awesome, look at all the kz people!
The Milkman wrote:

jskaggz wrote:

Whatever gave you the idea that we are into classic KZs...

:woohoo: :woohoo: :lol:

Spikin Your milk again,aren't You?:silly:

Right on jskaggz...good donor for a project!B)

1977 KZ1000 A-1

More
15 Oct 2007 22:23 #176358 by kbeefy
Replied by kbeefy on topic Awesome, look at all the kz people!
Hey... How Ironic... Howdy From anchorage!
I picked up a KZ today also. Mine wasn't free. I'll see you on the board and have fun with your project!

More
16 Oct 2007 03:27 #176372 by 2M4Dale
Replied by 2M4Dale on topic Awesome, look at all the kz people!
jskaggz, looks like a great winter project ! I just brought back an old 750 LTD from the dead .... it was fun !

Hello from Sunny Mansfield, Ohio
1980 KZ750H1 LTD
1981 KZ750H2 LTD