Vermont kzer

• KOOL RYDER
  • User
  • KZ 650B2 / KZ 1000E
More
17 Jul 2009 12:59 #307603 by KOOL RYDER
Replied by KOOL RYDER on topic Vermont kzer
The next mod should be to get rid of the horrible 16inch rear weel that came on those CSR's. You should be able to find one for cheap, cheap, cheap.

Rockin\' a KZ650B2 since 2007 and a KZ 1000E since 2008

1978 KZ650B
1979 KZ1000ST

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• rpiian
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • Live to Ride, Ride to Live
More
17 Jul 2009 13:53 - 17 Jul 2009 13:58 #307609 by rpiian
Replied by rpiian on topic Vermont kzer
Most def. I'm doing a swingarm convo soon with a 2003 GSXR swingarm and wheel. Shoooould make it look a little better.

The crash came from my damn untrue front spoked rim. I was coming out of a turn in a rough intersection and the handlebars got to wobblin' hard. I think I hit one of those long potholes, ya know the ones that are still paved but just a step down. The bars wobbled pretty bad as it was anyway so I think it was the perfect storm. I was moving at about 25 mph when I crashed, I caught it out of the corner of my eye.

By the time I got straightened out I was headed for the curb. It had to be the worst feeling I'd ever experienced. The Ohnosecond. The second I knew I was going for a ride. My front tire hit, I flew over the handlebars, and the rear wheel caught the curb (sideways) - barrel rolling the bike and bending the swingarm to the left.

The damage? Huuuuge dent on the right side of the tank from my low bars, broken right mirror, bent swingarm, cracked case cover, bent handlebars, scraped up throttle, cracked tach housing, dented headlight case, broken turn signals, and 10 people running over screaming "are you alright??"

Me? Fine. I was wearing my full leather outfit and my head and shoulders landed on grass near the sidewalk. My right leg hit the concrete and gave me a minor bruise (it didn't really take the impact).

It was a learning experience. I've grown with this bike and come to appreciate my conscience when thinking about diving into an intersection or other stupid crap. I can't be more thankful that I didn't get hurt. I just limped my bike home to my tools and started ripping her apart.

2006 SV1000S
Carbon Yoshi RS3
ZGDB Smoke Windscreen
Sharealike Clutch Basket Mod
Switchable TRE
13300mi

1981 KZ650 CSR H1
Dual "Pro-Burner" Headlights
ZX-6R Taillight
Tapered Head Bearings
Dyna Wires
Rebel Gears 26T Rear Sprocket
V&H 4-1 Exhaust
20100mi
My little streetfighter...
Last edit: 17 Jul 2009 13:58 by rpiian.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.