New Las Vegas KZ rider here

More
05 Oct 2007 15:14 #174778 by kz650csr81
New Las Vegas KZ rider here was created by kz650csr81
Well the story goes like this.. some guy gave me a 1981 kz650 H1.. it was a basket case so I put it together.... but it had a significant fuel leak....... well one would think not to start a bike in its condition but the voices in my head said otherwise...:woohoo: so it caught on fire for the better part of 5 minutes:blink: now it is again in running condition but this time less the fuel leak..:) this site and its members have already helped in its restoration in the short time I have been a member thank you
Jonathan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Oct 2007 15:33 #174783 by KZErider
Replied by KZErider on topic New Las Vegas KZ rider here
Reckon you thought you had a real hot bike there, huhn, Jonathan.:) Hope it didn't mess too much up. I'm glad you got it going.:cheer:

81 KZ750E2(project), 81 KZ750E2(parts donor), 87 BMW K 75C - got it runnin, didn't care for it, holding for family member, 79 CB650(project) Nomad 1700, VStar 950

More
05 Oct 2007 15:50 #174788 by kz650csr81
Replied by kz650csr81 on topic New Las Vegas KZ rider here
yes I would say that thought crossed my mind about the time I saw the water from the hose instantly vaporizing off the gas tank :)... I am extremely pleased with how little damadge it caused.. the bulk of it was the original air cleaner was melted down but other than that some shiners in the wiring harness(easy fix) new complete right hand controls assembly and I believe it may have fried the accelerator pump on the carbs... even though I have taken them apart more times than I care to remember I still haven't checked the pump.. I'll get to it someday though

More
05 Oct 2007 16:36 #174795 by kwakagoose
Replied by kwakagoose on topic New Las Vegas KZ rider here
A guy "Lunchbox" on this site from Wisconsin just moved there. Maybe you can hook up and ride.

More
06 Oct 2007 08:39 #174881 by kz650csr81
Replied by kz650csr81 on topic New Las Vegas KZ rider here
Thanks for the info I PM'd him.. my bike isn't ready just yet for the road.. I am waiting on my new jets and aircleaners.. after that I still have to register it.. Do a complete tune-up, get some new skins.. etc. etc.