• Page:

TOPIC:

New member (ZN700LTD ) 11 Jan 2006 13:23 #17281

• gabriel
  • gabriel's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi,

I bought a ZN700LTD last year in April and I've been very happy with it so far. This is my very first bike and I put around 2200mi on it already. It's kind of hard to ride for more than 6 months/year in Michigan and this summer has been really hot and humid.

The Kawi has some high pitch ticks when idling and it seems to come from cylinder 1 (left side of the bike). Soounds like a spark leak for me but I can be wrong. I'll address the question in the appropriate forum.

I had the tank removed last weeks and did some rust removal and the next thing is to paint it. The old paint (I assume it was repainted) is all chipped and the primer shows in a few places. I guess I'll look for some gas resistant paint as i already read most of the topics regarding paint.

Gabriel

:)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

New member (ZN700LTD ) 11 Jan 2006 13:54 #17288

• Mcdroid
  • User
  • Gone Kwackers
  • Thank you received: 304
Welcome Gabriel...you have reached the right place:)
Michael
Alvin, Texas

1982 GPz750
1977 KZ1000A
1978 KZ1000A
1982 GPz1100
1975 Z2A

New member (ZN700LTD ) 11 Jan 2006 16:50 #17311

• mykznme
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
best thing for you, ditch the zn and get you a ski doo
seeing as how in michigan the witners last at least 9 months.

im from saginaw and that was bad enough to grow up with but then my wife persuaded me to move to petosky for a year. we had snow from august 31 till july 8.
i know the exact dates because i was counting down the days till i could walk out of my front door without having to first climb out of the second story window with a shovel to clear the footpath.

and just an f.y.i if you wanna make a killing go to northern michy and get you a heap of petosky stones and bring em to the south.
ive sold quarter size petosky stones for $50.
and i bought a petosky stone clock in sault st. marie for $15 and sold it here for $150.

R.I.P. Odd Ivar

New member (ZN700LTD ) 12 Jan 2006 09:48 #17482

• gabriel
  • gabriel's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
I'm living in the Lansing area for the past 3 years and it hasn't been as bad as Petoskey. And to tell you the truth I was really thinking about a Ski-doo :) But so far no firm plans on buying one. Petoskey stones ... man! Amazing how much people pay for them!

Gabriel

• Page: