might have finally found a kz

More
17 Sep 2007 17:45 #171200 by bissinger
might have finally found a kz was created by bissinger
ok, im a poor college student i had a 2004 sv650s and had to sell it because i couldnt afford it. but i got the vintage motorcycle bug and im back into it looking for a cheap ride. i really wish i could afford an old duc but yeah right. so i found the kz's and i found one that has been sitting in a garage for 25 years obviously doesnt start. the guys wants 100 bucks for it and i think im gonna jump on it. just a couple questions before i do. can you cafe these because i want a little sportier look? what issues should i look for that would come with a bike in this type of situation? and other comments or input im open to anything thank

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Sep 2007 18:33 #171209 by orangeRcode
Replied by orangeRcode on topic might have finally found a kz
I would see if the engine will turn over with the kick start. I would imagine the carbs are sludged and will not open but try the throttle and see if the linkage will move. I just resurrected my Z bike after it had set for 15+ years. It can be done, takes some time, alot of cleaning and buying some new parts here and there. I have really enjoy my project thus far and have gotten alot of help from this board. Good luck and go for it.

More
17 Sep 2007 18:34 #171210 by Mark Wing
Replied by Mark Wing on topic might have finally found a kz
Welcome to the site. Yes these make nice cafe bikes. Others will be able to tell you what to look for but I would at least want it to turn over. What size/model is the bike.
Mark

Jesus loves you Everyone else thinks your an ***

77 KZ650 C1 with ZX7 forks, GPZ mono rear, wider 18 police wheels and Yoshimura motor.

Yorba Linda Cal.