N00b from OKC

• jjdwoodman
  • User
  • Live free, or die.
More
10 Sep 2007 18:08 #169881 by jjdwoodman
Replied by jjdwoodman on topic N00b from OKC
orangeRcode wrote:

Anyone have an idea of how long it should take to see if the smoking problem will take care of itself or what method I should use to do this? Start up the bike and let it idle up to operating temp and shut of - repeat several times? Or should I let it warm up and then run it at high rpms?

I may just meet up with OKC_Kent and take you up on that offer when I get her up and running good.

Don't know the validity of this for your bike, but with other things I've had best luck by running the engine for an hour or two under moderate load. Btw what color smoke?

Hope OKCKent doesn't mind me volunteering him, but he seems to know his stuff pretty well. Might could six pack him over for a look. If you have white or light gray smoke, a good carb clean should help. ;)

Supposed to be getting cooler here soon if it ever stops raining:S I've been trying for two weeks almost to ride the 650 to work with no luck
:angry: :angry: Setting forms in a pond ain't much fun either.

OKC: Hope you stopped for a minute and the car and motorcycle show! It wasn't that big, but it was still a nike afternoon. Especially the riding after.

77 650b
81 550 Mostly there
83 ZN1300 Voyager

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Sep 2007 10:22 #169995 by OKC_Kent
Replied by OKC_Kent on topic N00b from OKC
Rob, I have your info and I'll likely ride over sometime soon, maybe on the weekend. I'll call first.

jjdwoodman, Was the car/bike show held recently? I went up last year and the darn Daily Oklahoman had the show listed for Sunday when it was really held on Saturday. A bit p.o.'d. When I was filling up a Hardly pulled in and couldn't get started. I gave him a push and no go. I saw he had his key turned off, pointed it out and was he redfaced. :lol:

Oklahoma City, OK
78 KZ650 B2 82,000+ miles

• guitargeek
  • User
  • Elitist, arrogant, intolerant, self absorbed.
More
11 Sep 2007 11:45 #170007 by guitargeek
Replied by guitargeek on topic N00b from OKC
[img

That's a really sweet looking bike, I've always loved rootbeer.

Hey, you should put your pin in the map:

www.frappr.com/kzrider

Post edited by: guitargeek, at: 2007/09/11 14:46

1980 KZ750-H1 (slightly altered)
1987 KZ1000-P6 "Ponch"
1979 GS1000 "Dadzuki"