Newbie from Maryland

• Serpent7
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • Nothing professionally, only for fun...
More
02 Sep 2007 17:42 #168078 by Serpent7
Newbie from Maryland was created by Serpent7
Hello all... Im Julian, and I bought a 79 KZ 1000st about 2 months ago. It use to be a cruiser with sidebags, and sissy bars, but now Im turning it into a true lowered rocket! Ok, ok, I just want it to look good and ride it...lol.

I have been in love with KZ ever since the original Mad Max movie back in 78-79 (Im telling my age). I have owned 2 78 KZ 650's before, but never got either running and got tired of the projects and like a idot gave them away. This is my first KZ thats 90% complete and its a keeper! Around here (near Andrews Airforce Base) KZ's are very rear, and most of the bike shops are overpriced, and have no idea what they are doing with motorcycles, so I will have to rely heavy on you guys for support. I have a repair manual, but Im not too mechanically inclined, but Im learning. This fall/winter I will be diving in and trying to get this baby on the road for spring/summer08. I got a few bills I have to knock out first, but have a few bucks to throw at it this winter/spring coming. I hope to meet you guys, and hang out with our KZ's once I get mine up and running. Until then, Im learning everyday!

19 Audi Q5
14 Volkswagen Touareg X
97 Honda Shadow Spirit
79 Kawasaki KZ1000 st
79 Volkswagen Transporter
73 Volkswagen Thing

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Sep 2007 11:23 #168255 by z1rick
Replied by z1rick on topic Newbie from Maryland
Welcome aboard! If you need any advice about your bike, just post in the proper forum, lots of helpful members here.;) And please post some pics of your ride, we love pics:P

Anaheim CA
1999 KZ 100P
1974 Z1 900 Project
1977 (2) KZ 650 projects

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.