New guy from Ky!

More
23 Jul 2007 05:59 #158839 by KyDrags
New guy from Ky! was created by KyDrags
Hello all! thanks for letting me join your site! I wanted to intro duce my self be for i did anything else on here. I am a 38 yearold disabled vet physically strong and mentally Stressed !!!
The reason i am here is my dad had a 77 kz1000 drag bike when i was a kid and i have been a big fan since. However, I am not looking for a bike i am looking for an engine for a sand dragster. I dont know if you will ban me and curse me for wanting to use the kz power plant for this reason. I hope not.

I am seeking info on where to get performance parts and service manuals for the kz 1000 engines. If you feel my choice in using one of these motors is wrong please let me know. I have a friend that works on bikes for a living and I am mechanically inclined as well. I have been building hot rods for the past 20 years. Any help or advise would be appreciated.

Tanks, Scott

Post edited by: KyDrags, at: 2007/07/23 09:02

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Jul 2007 07:17 #158851 by mariozappa
Replied by mariozappa on topic New guy from Ky!
Welcome to the forum Kydrags.
If you drop in a 1000 for a sand dragster, you are gonna have some serious power!
There have been other on the board who have fitted 650 engine in go-karts and off road vehicles.
Do a search of the forums and you should come up with some info.

Service manuals = Ebay
Performance parts = www.Z1enterprises.com
&
www.aperaceparts.com

1977 KZ650C1
and the KZ650/KZ750 Conversion ;)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.