Just what my nic says.

More
03 Jan 2006 03:41 #15781 by 50 bucks
Just what my nic says. was created by 50 bucks
I was delivering parts to a customers repair shop and saw this bike sitting outside in half-way decent shape. As I had seen the bike sitting in the same spot for a while, I asked him if it was for sale. He said that it could be. He said the engine had spark and compression, but the owner before him had messed up the carbs. He hadn't checked out anything really thoroughly as he hadn't had time. I asked him the price, and he looked at the bike and said,"50 bucks"! I laid the money down.
So, I now own a '81 KZ440 LTD in halfway decent shape with 13,00 miles on it. I have a million and two questions and a hope of riding it sometime before I croak. I did put a basket case Yamaha together back in the '80s and was a car mechanic for thirty years, so I think I can pull this off.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Jan 2006 04:59 #15782 by Mcdroid
Replied by Mcdroid on topic Just what my nic says.
Yeah, those are the stories we all like to hear...welcome to KZR...we'll get that puppy running and all of a sudden you'll have another bike, then another...it truly is a sickness:unsure:

Michael
Victoria, Texas

1982 GPz750
1977 KZ1000A
1978 KZ1000A
1982 GPz1100
1975 Z2A

More
03 Jan 2006 07:22 #15805 by ejshotgun
Replied by ejshotgun on topic Just what my nic says.
Welcome to the site. We all love to hear these stories about putting an old bike back in the wind. Don't forget progress pics if possible.
Eric

More
03 Jan 2006 16:08 #15859 by DanOz7Five0
Replied by DanOz7Five0 on topic Just what my nic says.
Welcome aboard.

$50 for a bike is a great place to start. My blue one (progress thread below) cost $50 to start. The black one down there made me money to work on it, but I started with a $15 investment.

Seeing a bike project start to finish is really awesome for the builder. You look back and see where you started compared to what you have when its done and can be just amazed.