saying hello

More
18 Jul 2007 02:07 #157656 by 810gpz750
saying hello was created by 810gpz750
this is my first post so i will say hello to all of you. i have a 1985 gpz turbo with turbo removed(did not produce boost). i plan on running a mr. turbo kit. anyway i live in ft worth tx. i just bought the bike two weeks ago it is in great condition. my first two projects are going to be 4-1 ex. and dynatek ign. then ill go inside 810 kit, webcams, all the good stuff and finaaly top it off with a 30 shot! this is my 7th bike all kaws first was a 92 ke 100,83 kz 440 ltd,94 zx 6r,98 kx 250,99 zx 9r (draged out), 78 kz 1000 j model. anyway look forward to gaining alot of knowledge from you guys and sharing from the little i know.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Jul 2007 03:28 #157662 by gpzrox
Replied by gpzrox on topic saying hello
Welcome. I'll tell you that people here adore pics, I need to get some posted up here soon myself.

From my research, the exhaust, cams, and ignition are not the choke point in the GPZ motor. I'd like to even say that the K&N filter I put in made a difference performance wise, but that would be stretching the truth.

OOOps, you have a turbo: get the regular GPZ cams.

Your stock ignition, (non turbo)cams, and exhaust (properly working and in good condition) will take everything an 810 kit will give you. The carbs will even work OK, but Wired here has the recipe for speed on those carbs, and he knows what speed is about.

So I'd get the carbs redone, 810 kit, regular GPZ cams, THEN see where else to go. A four into one may be lighter, and definitely let the local police know you are around. Performance wise, you probably wouldn't have an increase in real power until after the kit.

And it would give you time to look for a new turbo (I know where one is) or find a Kerker.

84 GPZ750. Modded with stock Kawasaki parts: ZR-7 shock, ZX-6 coils, GPZ1100 throttle, EN454 brake, GPZ900 fuse box, etc. and non stock: Ken Sears mirrors, K&N filter, Pirelli Sport Demons.

More
18 Jul 2007 10:37 #157751 by 810gpz750
Replied by 810gpz750 on topic saying hello
ooops forgot to say that i plan on building up a non turbo non nitrous motor for everyday ninja stompin and then a weekend swap for the track! i also bought this bike as a daily driver, that even makes me laugh a little. so far i have put a 140/90-18 in the back 110/90-18 up front, flush mount carbon fibre turn signals. installed the k&n filter pods. next plan on doing away with the rear fender if i can find an led strip to use as a runninng light brake light. my best friend owns a machine shop so there will be plenty of pics of custom cnc parts (CANT WAIT). im buying a digital camera to record the project also so i can post pics. used the turbo and dfi to pay for half of a complete gsxr1000 complete front end with carbon fender,ive used the same mech. for 15 years so he took the non working turbo and goodies off my hands for $500 towards the front end. all for now have to go ride.