My first KZ...and my first bike!

More
14 Jul 2007 18:51 #156847 by k0pper
My first KZ...and my first bike! was created by k0pper
Hi from ga. I just recently got into riding and being a college student I'm def on a budget, but I've really wanted a bike so I started searching the net for some good deals and picked up this 1980 750 ltd for $800! Runs good, idles high right now and it has a minor gas leak but other than that she's awesome.

Anyone have any tips/tricks/advice for a new KZ owner or new rider? hopefully I'll be able to learn alot from these forums.

Pics can be found in the following album:
www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2107273&l=7134c&id=33002509

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Jul 2007 20:33 #156867 by rstnick
Replied by rstnick on topic My first KZ...and my first bike!
Welcome. Looks like a nice bike. B)

Get yourself an owners manual if it didn't come with one, and a Service Manual. Go through them both and go over all the maintenance items.

There is a lot of info here, and more in the archives. Try a seach for what you need.

Add your bike model and location to your signature. It will help when your asking questions to know which model were talking about.

Rob
CANADA

Need a key for your Kawasaki? PM me

1978 KZ650 C2, 130K kms, Delkevic ex, EI, CVK32, PMC easy clutch, ATK fork brace, steering damper, braced swingarm, 18" Z1R front wheel.
2000 ZRX1100
2011 Ninja 250R
2005 z750s

More
14 Jul 2007 21:00 #156871 by Little B
Replied by Little B on topic My first KZ...and my first bike!
Welcome k0pper and congrats on the find! The bike looks nice!

I'm just as new as you are so I don't have any tips. I can say however that rstnick is right about the manual. I got a Clymer one when I bought the bike and am really glad I did.

It seems to detail everything about the bike and what you have to do for any particular task. I need tires on mine so I looked in there for how to take the wheels off and it shows me step by step...with PICTURES!!! :woohoo:

1981 KZ750-H2 LTD