Greetings!

More
08 May 2007 20:06 #138392 by Mad Mark
Greetings! was created by Mad Mark
Hello everyone. I'm technically a Vulcan rider; my son owns an '81 KZ1000LTD that I find myself in charge of repairing & maintaining. I hope to meet a few people here and maybe gain a little insight into the KZ line.
I guess I'll be talking to some of you in one forum or another. For now, me in a nutshell:
Automotive technician
Living in Alberta, Canada
30 years of motorcycling experience

Questions/comments? Fire away!

Cheers,
Mark

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• RetroRiceRocketRider
  • User
  • ...bring in the machine that goes PING!
More
08 May 2007 20:43 #138409 by RetroRiceRocketRider
Replied by RetroRiceRocketRider on topic Greetings!
Welcome to KZr Mark! :)

There are a few KZr members residing in or near your area, as well as throughout the world, so there's quite a bit of knowledge floating around this site. B)

Covina, So Calif!
78 KZ650-B2 = SOLD
84 ZN700 LTD = SOLD
84 ZX750 GPz = SOLD
89 GSX1100F Katana = SLEEPING :-/
20 VN1700 Vulcan Vaquero (the Blue Cowboy)
Looking for my next project KZ

More
08 May 2007 20:48 #138411 by austin3119
Replied by austin3119 on topic Greetings!
Welcome to the forum. Nice to have you here.

More
10 May 2007 21:31 #139101 by kzwolfsr
Replied by kzwolfsr on topic Greetings!
I own a 81 1000LTD also. How old is your son and why doesn't he just come on here?

1979 KZ SR650, stock candy persimmon red and crossover pipes
1981 KZ 1000LTD with non stock and more comfortable handle bars and 4 into one V&H
Original man of the Caribbean

More
10 May 2007 22:01 #139106 by Sandy
Replied by Sandy on topic Greetings!
Welcome,Mark!
What part of Alberta are You from,Bud?
Anytime You're ready to leave the flats,and You wanna come over to B.C. for some mountain-riding...just let Me know,and We'll get it set up.We sent one Guy from Alberta,back there with a perma-grin!:laugh:(it was hilarious)
Cheers!B)

1977 KZ1000 A-1

More
11 May 2007 04:33 #139147 by Mad Mark
Replied by Mad Mark on topic Greetings!
Well, my son is 19. I imagine he'll be on here once his bike gets sorted. I have the dubious honour of being in charge of the technical stuff. As an automotive tech, I get to bring a few tools home every now and again.
Added note kzwolfsr; the photo on your profile is a good match to my son's ride. Sometime this weekend I'll get some photos shrunk-down to fit on the forum.

Post edited by: Mad Mark, at: 2007/05/11 07:41

More
11 May 2007 04:38 #139148 by Mad Mark
Hey Sandy, I'm near Delburne, about 40km East of Red Deer. I can well imagine the perma-grin; we lived in Penticton for about 8 years, and I traveled quite a few back roads on my poor little Honda. Absolutely love the Okanagan, but found it a little expensive to live there. More than happy to make a trip or two back there though.

Post edited by: Mad Mark, at: 2007/05/11 07:38

More
11 May 2007 08:28 #139196 by Sandy
Replied by Sandy on topic Greetings!
Penticton,You say...wow.I moved here from there,about 11 years ago.Lived in Pen for 13 years...what a small world!
Geez...maybe You owe Me money...maybe I owe YOU money.Maybe You owe ME a BEER!:laugh:
Did You ever frequent the ,"Gentle-Mans Club"...down on Front Street?:whistle:

Yes,I hear what You're saying about it being too expensive in the Okanagan...it's crazy!:pinch:
Beautiful area,without a doubt...and awesome riding too,with never a dull view...that's for sure.B)

I've been to Red Deer before(not bike related) and really like that city(got some good,funny stories,lol).I still have Relatives there.
Never been to Delburne though.

Just let Me know if You can make a trip over this summer...whether it be to the Kootenays,or the Okanagan...We could even hook up with Oldcoldankles(Peachland) and You could pay Me back that beer,:lol:

1977 KZ1000 A-1

More
14 May 2007 08:26 #139875 by Mad Mark
Hey Sandy:
As for the "Gentleman's Club", I suspect you mean the one next door to the Chinese Laundry restaurant and yes, I've been to both places. This summer's a bit tricky for traveling, as I've just started a new job and won't have vacation time 'til next year. As for the beer, I'm not sure. Maybe if we meet sometime I can buy you one, then you can buy me one, then we'll be sure we're even. ;)
Cheers,
Mark