Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Mad Max Black 10 Apr 2007 08:36 #128485

• ripitup
  • ripitup's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Sorry for the newbie mistakes as I resize my pics.

Hello from Canada, ehhh? I'm thrilled to find this site, there seems to be tons of info and interesting people.

I just bought my 78 KZ650 two days ago for only $300. Didn't have a battery, seat was all ripped up and the paint faded. Just hauled it home. Watched Mad Max AGAIN for the umpteenth time, and got inspired to just have fun with my big investment.

With a new battery, spent yesterday sourcing electrical trying to find why the starter wasn't working, changing oil, gas. Bike started right up jumping the solenoid and runs excellent, just bogs out when driving and you "floor it". I don't know when the odometer froze at 20,000kms. Hopefully just have to clean the carbs out.

Anyways, I got a little crazy last night and touched up the paint and let her dry outside while the snow started to fall. I'm sure glad my wife's got a sense of humor. Here's a couple pics.

Cheers

Post edited by: ripitup, at: 2007/04/10 12:00
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Mad Max Black 10 Apr 2007 08:58 #128491

• Mcdroid
  • Away
  • User
  • Gone Kwackers
  • Thank you received: 305
Welcome ripitup! If you watch MadMax more than twice, then you got it bad...I guess I got it bad. Word has it that it is supposed to snow through August in Canada this year...:laugh: :laugh:
Michael
Alvin, Texas

1982 GPz750
1977 KZ1000A
1978 KZ1000A
1982 GPz1100
1975 Z2A

Mad Max Black 10 Apr 2007 09:03 #128494

• ripitup
  • User
Mcdroid,
Yup, I got it bad. And thanks for the welcome as try to figure out how to attach pics.
Attachments:

Mad Max Black 10 Apr 2007 09:04 #128495

• pstrbrc
  • User
  • '81 GPz 1100 project
  • Thank you received: 9
Mcdroid wrote:

Word has it that it is supposed to snow through August in Canada this year...:laugh: :laugh:

Oh, no!!! It's the next Ice Age!!!
Whew! At least we've reversed the Global Warming!:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
Oh, yeah. Hey, ripitup! Welcome to the asylum!:ohmy: :blink: :woohoo: :silly: :laugh: B) :woohoo: :lol: :silly: :whistle:
\'81 GPz 1100 project
Elkhart, Kansas USA
\"Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him.\" Groucho Marx

Mad Max Black 10 Apr 2007 09:10 #128499

• ripitup
  • User
pstrbrc,

do you have a set of chains or a sidecar for this beast?

I'm real good at attaching one pic per post. Here's the "before".

Attachments:

Mad Max Black 10 Apr 2007 09:35 #128506

• ripitup
  • User
Bill, thanks for a very warm welcome. I got the signature working. Hopefully the admin will delete that other thread I accidently doubled up.

My past bikes were:
82 Honda 200 Twin(too slow)
88 Honda 600 Hurricane(too fast)
81 Kawi KDX450 dirtbike(too stubborn)
This ones just right

My other hobby is VW's. My daily driver is an 86 DoubleCab pickup, and a 69 Baja Bug is in the garage which may be susceptible to the "flat black" syndrome the bike just got.

"Welcome home to the KZRider forum! This is the place with the people, the know how and the spirit to make this your best ride ever. You'll get to know more about your bike than you ever thought possible.

A wife with a sense of humour... huge asset!

By the way, it would be really great and help with responses if you included a signature with bike details and your general location.

Best of success!

Bill Wilcox
Montreal, Canada
1977 KZ650-B1 (Stock)
In days gone by: 1967 Honda 90 Sport, 1942 Harley Davidson WLA-45 and 1972 Honda CB750"
Attachments:

• Page: