Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

new member new to kawasaki's 08 Apr 2007 03:52 #127615

• Thorman944
  • Thorman944's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi, i'm new here, new to kawasaki's, and haven't been on a bike for about 10 years. My last bike was a suzuki gs750e project that i only rode a few times in parking lots, so i'm pretty new to riding too - lol.

I just picked up a 82 KZ 305 CSR. It had been sitting in a temperature controlled garage for the last 2 years, but with a new battery and some starting fluid, was able to start and (kinda) run. I know that I will need to flush the tank, petcock, fuel lines, fuel filter, and clean the carbs (probably going to need new floats too). All of that is stuff i'm familiar with because my old 'zuki was in a lot worse shape than this to start with.

I have a few newbie questions too. (feel free to laugh).

1) shift pattern - is it 1st, neutral, 2nd, 3rd, etc...?

2) i've read both that this is supposed to be a 5 speed, i've also read that this is supposed to be a 6 speed- which is it?

3) my brake lamp lens seems to have not survived the trip home - anybody got an extra one?

Thanks,

Tom

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

new member new to kawasaki's 08 Apr 2007 04:10 #127621

• Mcdroid
  • User
  • Gone Kwackers
  • Thank you received: 305
Welcome Tom:

It is as you suspected...a six speed and the shift pattern is as represented. Do you have a owners manual for the bike (not the shop manual but the little owner's manual)?:)
Michael
Alvin, Texas

1982 GPz750
1977 KZ1000A
1978 KZ1000A
1982 GPz1100
1975 Z2A

new member new to kawasaki's 08 Apr 2007 04:49 #127623

• Thorman944
  • User
Thanks.

And I think I'm an idiot. lol. It was late last night when I got home, for some stupid reason I thought that there was an issue with the stop lamp, but upon inspection this morning, nothing is wrong with it.

new member new to kawasaki's 08 Apr 2007 04:49 #127624

• Thorman944
  • User
Well, the carbs got a once over today, nothing spectacular, the upper end looks nice, the fuel bowls were kinda murky, but not the worst i've seen. it should run once i get the tank cleaned and put back on. if it runs chitty after it has a chance to run for a bit, i'll just go ahead and replace the jets.

also, i just realized that i'm missing the boots between the airbox and the carbs. anybody got a set they can sell for cheap? my wife's going to be ticked if i have to cut up a pair of panty hose to rig a temporary air cleaner (lol)

Post edited by: Thorman944, at: 2007/04/09 20:24

• Page: