Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

valve cover 11 Mar 2007 19:48 #119335

• kzwolfsr
  • User
  • Thank you received: 16
you don't plug the ports drewski. Get a hose and run it from port to port, a hose large enough of course, its a more tidy look
1979 KZ SR650, stock candy persimmon red and crossover pipes
1981 KZ 1000LTD with non stock and more comfortable handle bars and 4 into one V&H
Original man of the Caribbean

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

valve cover 11 Mar 2007 20:00 #119344

• wireman
  • Visitor
find a piece of aluminum rod thats a tight tap in fit and tack it in with a heli arc then you can run the older style valve cover;)

valve cover 11 Mar 2007 20:10 #119348

• drewski
  • drewski's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
are you refering to the outlet port of the valve cover or is there something inside that i need to look @, Don't mean to sound stupid or anything like that, just not sure what exactly you mean, thanks Andy.B)

valve cover 11 Mar 2007 23:32 #119412

• wireman
  • Visitor
no problem,its right there on top surface of head.sit an old style valve cover on there and youll see what i mean;)

valve cover 12 Mar 2007 19:57 #119662

• drewski
  • drewski's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Okay now! LOL I just did'nt want to sound stupid, I have not taken the cover off yet, so i did not know what to expect,as i have not taken a cover off the 80 style engine, I'm sure i will see it when i do! thank you very much for your advice, believe it or not I am a mechanic, I am just getting into wrenching on bikes,I also build/race stockcars I just REALLY did'nt want to ask a dumb ? chat w/ya soon Andy. this is also a really neat site, I enjoy chattin w/ other people.B)

• Page: