• Page:

TOPIC:

Soon to be newbie 01 Dec 2005 09:05 #11270

• storysunfolding
  • storysunfolding's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Hey there hi there ho there kz fans

So I'm new to even reading about the kz bikes.

Currently I don't own one, but after posting an ad on craigslist looking for some bikes to fix up I got this response.
"I have 3 KZ 650 SR’s and one 1981 KZ 650 CSR.

I would be willing to trade you the CSR for some help and guidance in getting my SR’s running. I intend to do the work myself but I am short on experience and time. I guess I am looking for someone to point me in the right direction and maybe to show me “how it is done�. "

I obviously agreed to the offer because I've been searching for a bike as a graduation gift for a friend of mine and I'm thrify (cheap). I'm no stranger to restoring old vehicles but I thought the expertise of this forum would be a great help. Apparently two of them have only been sitting for two years and probably only need basics done (rebuild carbs, new oil, new filters, new brake fluid etc etc). The third one the owner doesn't know the condition because it was bought sight unseen on ebay while he was in Cairo. Should be a crazy good project!

It seems to me that the CSR is the redheaded stepchild of the KZ 650 family, but I've seen some pictures of some that looked gorgeous and I'm always looking for a good project. What do you guys think? A good bike for me to ride for a bit while trying to figure the best ways to pretty it up, paint it and do any modifications that strike me?

Anyway- hello, hi, here I am and I hope to learn alot about this bike over the next few months. If you have any beginning suggestions or tips, I'd love to hear them and hopefully I can help out somewhere along the way.

Ste

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page: