Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Help! 04 Nov 2005 10:36 #6478

• PlanetCorbin
  • PlanetCorbin's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
I I would just like to start out by saying that this is my first post on this forum. I was referred here by Apeman, if any of you know him. I had some questions, and he suggested I come here.

I own a 1982 Kawasaki 1000 LTD. The bike is in rough shape physically, but mechanically it's still sound. I'm looking for a new seat, as the one that's currently on it has a badly rusted out pan. It gets the job done, but it could be a lot more comfortable and probably safer too.

Any help would be appreciated. If someone has a seat that they would be willing to part with, knows where I could find a seat or even if they know what other year/make/models would be compatible that would be awesome. I’ve looked on eBay, but am hesitant to buy because I don’t know what others would even fit my bike.

Thanks for your time.

David

Oh yeah, could someone tell me if I posted this in the right forum? I didn't see one for misc. or buyer/seller related questions. Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Help! 04 Nov 2005 11:33 #6483

• OKC_Kent
  • User
  • Thank you received: 20
Hi David,
Welcome to KZrider! :) I think you're in the right forum. I checked my cross reference software, and it seems Kawasaki just used your particular seat, if it is the stock seat, on two models:

Part # = 53001-1227
Part Description = SEAT ASSEMBLY
Model Count = 2
Model Name Year Size Description Type
KZ1000-K2 82 1000 KZ1000 LTD LTD STREET
KZ1000-M2 82 1000 KZ1000 CSR PERFORMANCE CRUISER

Not much to choose from. This doesn't mean the seat pan is unique to these two seats, Kaw may have used them on other models. It means the whole deal, pan, foam, cover, was used on two models. I'm willing to bet other seats not listed share the same pan and mounting points. I wish I could help you there.

Kent
Oklahoma City, OK
78 KZ650 B2 82,000+ miles

Help! 05 Nov 2005 12:11 #6673

• zedheadmc
  • User
Howdy PlanetCorbin, I had a 1982 KZ1000K (LTD). Good bike. OKC_Kent is correct and it looks like the 1981-82 K&M models wil fit your bike. If you can just locate a good pan then you can still get a foam and cover after market kit.

Help! 07 Nov 2005 16:28 #7056

• radar133
  • User
  • 79 650d to 700, 82j 1000 to1200 82m 1000, cbr600rr
dave, email me for a nice 82j ltd seat freeo. just pay the cost of the ship from long island, new york when you get it...radar133@optonline.net

• Page: