Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Chinese O ring chain 21 Dec 2014 15:15 #656639

• SWest
  • SWest's Avatar Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
  • Thank you received: 2629
The sprockets were double chain, two rows, one common link in between. Front steel, back cool looking aircraft aluminum. Never saw them for bikes again. They're common or were for industrial use. I went back to the 630 O ring chain. When it started to eat the sprocket, I would put a cheap standard one on and run it like I am now. Being simi retired cash isn't flowing like it used to. !st. a new tire, then new a chain set up. One thing I've learned is patience.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by SWest.

Chinese O ring chain 21 Dec 2014 15:24 #656640

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014

Zephyrrider wrote: So did they have a real wide sprockets or doubles ones ?
Reckon Hollyweird would not be one of my holiday destinations - bit too fast.

You've heard of Hollywood and vine? That's were the weirdos and lowlives hung out. I grew up in Malibu and Santa Monica but when I left home, the rents were out of reach then. I left LA in 76 to Sky Valley and never looked back. I can be in LA in two hours but why? A mass of angry humanity. They can keep it.
Steve

Attachments:

Last edit: by SWest. Reason: pic

Chinese O ring chain 21 Dec 2014 16:42 #656651

• mopguy
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 168
Nice pictures, looks like its a warm, dry, quiet and peaceful place to live.
I have a 1980 Kawasaki KZ750 Ltd. I bought new. I recently managed to get it out of my garage after 28 years and put it on the road again (2010). I feel like a kid all over again. Since I have acquired 3 78 KZ1000 Ltd, 1 1981 KZ1000 Ltd, and another 1980 KZ750 Ltd. Love the LTD's.

Chinese O ring chain 21 Dec 2014 17:17 #656655

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
Thanks
We have our problems like anywhere else. Having 5 acres keeps them just that farther away.
Steve

Chinese O ring chain 21 Dec 2014 18:20 #656668

• Jeff.Saunders
  • Vendor
  • Thank you received: 181

swest wrote: The sprockets were double chain, two rows, one common link in between. Front steel, back cool looking aircraft aluminum. Never saw them for bikes again. They're common or were for industrial use. I went back to the 630 O ring chain. When it started to eat the sprocket, I would put a cheap standard one on and run it like I am now. Being simi retired cash isn't flowing like it used to. !st. a new tire, then new a chain set up. One thing I've learned is patience.

Azusa Chain in California made double row sprockets - and sold the chains - and even now they still sells chain - industrial chain primarily, and chain for small motorcycles, etc.

The new generation RK, DID and JY chain are all superb quality. Much more robust than 30 years ago. The only issue these days it it's getting tougher to break the new chains as the pins are far harder than the earlier generation chain. On the rare occasion we have to cut a chain, it's easier to grind the head off the pins first before attempting to break them. Even worse is attempting to rivet the new chains.
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
www.z1enterprises.com

Z1 Ent on Facebook,

Chinese O ring chain 21 Dec 2014 18:31 #656670

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
Do you have any idea who made the one I was talking about? Yeah, the master link that came with my DID chain master link was a semi press fit then the clip. I decided to make it endless used the link that came with it and squashed the pin. PITA.

Chinese O ring chain 21 Dec 2014 21:26 #656692

• Zephyrrider
  • User
  • Thank you received: 50
Seeing we are sharing a couple of pics. my camera is only 2 mp
They are Queensland/New South Wales border.

Attachment Mt.LindsayRoadSouth.jpg not found

Attachment 2.jpg not found

Attachment IMG_0006.jpg not found

Attachment MT.LindsayRoadEast.jpg not found

Mick
1994 ZR750 Zephyr C4.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: 650ed, Grumpy Ole Artist

Last edit: by Zephyrrider.

Chinese O ring chain 22 Dec 2014 06:30 #656702

• Grumpy Ole Artist
  • User
  • Eschew Obfuscation!
  • Thank you received: 62
Pretty country mate! So lush & Green....Only ninety-some days till Spring, here!
Thanx for sharing!
1978 KZ650 B2
Former rides...1976 CB360T, 1985 Shadow 700, 1985 GPZ750Turbo

Chinese O ring chain 23 Dec 2014 13:16 #656815

• Zephyrrider
  • User
  • Thank you received: 50
Thanks GOA - dont count those days mate.
You'll be ready to throw a leg over before you know it.
Mick
1994 ZR750 Zephyr C4.

Chinese O ring chain 23 Dec 2014 16:13 #656822

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
Had a vist by my grandchildren an my daughter for a couple days. They love to go to grandpa's house. Lots of room to explore and find artifacs of my children when they lived here. I sent them home with some Mesquite fire wood and the things they found. Still riding weather but getting cold at night here. Tomorrow I'm going to the High desert for X Mas eve. At least 10/20 degrees cooler there. Looks like the wind is picking up so I'll be riding against it until I get past Banning, then the temp. will drop. Pulling that grade with a head wind is a bitch. Good thing I have the ponies to do it. Have to head up into the the SB mountains 6000" then back down to about 4500. Bossie doesn't like the high alttitude. I know some will think I'm bragging but the summers are blazing hot. One way or the other.
To all of you, Happy Holidays.
The West family

Attachments:

Chinese O ring chain 23 Dec 2014 19:29 #656846

• zukdave
  • User
  • Thank you received: 229
I know guy's that will spent hundred's on shinie do dad's,
fancy paint and polished junk then bitch about what a chain and sprochet set cost's.
I may be wrong but last time I checked cheap paint ain't gonna break and kill you.
1980 KZ650 F1
ZX750A1 motor.
Wiseco 810cc kit.
Zukiworks racing ported head.
VM 29 smooth bore's.
Dyna 2000 Ign. w/Dyna mini coil's
APE cylinder stud's and nut's.
APE valve spring's.
APE Track King clutch.
V/H KZ1000 sidewinder.
3.5x18 laced to a KZ1000 disk hub.
150/60/18 Shinko 006 Podium.
63" wheel base.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 650ed

Chinese O ring chain 24 Dec 2014 06:48 #656870

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
You got that right.
Buying anything on eBay is a gamble especially when eBay will run interference for the Chinese sellers. It's all about seller fees and they pay o lot of them.
If I could buy 630 O ring gold chains in bulk rolls from DID or anyone else, I could sell them in the $50 range too. Dealers do it but don't pass on the savings. What I was sold was a knock off sold as high quality when in reality it was known junk. I could have filed a dispute as I have in the past and got my money back as soon as I found out it was not as described. (Chinese) They wouldn't have paid for the return shipping and I would have my money and junk chain. Like many in business, they sell junk, count on the buyer just going away but if he wants his money, make it as difficult on him as possible and if he still wants it, pay him. 9 in 10 will just go away. That's called marketing.
So I'm a "rube" for trusting a seller on a site I've been buying from for many years only to find they are just a crooked as the seller?
It's been a learning experience for me and knowing what I know now, I can by pass the crap and get the good deals. They're there, you just have to know what to look for.
As for being a seller, that's a high way too. Someone bids, check them out and cancel his bid if he isn't up to par.
YOU CAN'T SPIT WITHOUT HITTING A SCAMMER
Steve