Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

How to remove needle 03 Mar 2024 09:01 #895880

• nomad007
  • nomad007's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
I bought this1982  kz 550ltd c - a few weeks ago. It has pods and stock exhaust.. It runs really nice but there is a little popping while downshifting. The person I bought from did a top end rebuild. It ended up sitting for about 6 months after. I am about 200 miles in on the break in period. Anyway I bought a stock airbox  off eBay. Do i have to buy the cover piece as well? Also I have been following Loudhvx awesome information page. It currently  has 92 and 32 jets in it although I don't know if they have been altered - they look original. It seems to run well with the pods so I am guessing maybe they did something to the needles, so I was going to check- but I don't know how to get that part in my photo up far enough to access needle to inspect. Not sure if I will stick with pods or not yet. Thanks for any advice in accessing the needle !
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

How to remove needle 03 Mar 2024 09:23 #895882

• Nessism
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 2678
See those two cross-point screws down inside the slide?  Remove them and the slide will separate, then you can remove the needle.

How to remove needle 03 Mar 2024 09:53 #895884

• nomad007
  • nomad007's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
Thank You Nessin- That did the trick I guess I did not have then out far enough. I have attached the needle - is this a version of the stock needle ? there is just on place for e clip.
It runs pretty darn good with the pods if this is all the stock carb parts. 
Thanks
Attachments:

• Page: