Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

z2 750 crank 31 Jan 2015 19:07 #660265

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
  • Thank you received: 2621
Unfortunately all my engine cases, heads and barrels were stolen for scrap aluminum after my wreck while I was in the hospital in 86. Local Meth heads. Mr Bell even took my truck and trailer, dumped the old appliances that were on in Deception Canyon behind my house. He riffled my house for anything of value. I was supposed to be there for 6 months but I checked myself out after two weeks. Broken right rotator, broken ankle and a sprained one. This guy spread rumors I lost the family jewels but the 1/4 fairing shattered and cut the ST out of my ass. I still had my Z1 crank, transmission and other parts wrapped in trash bags in my shop. I had lots of other junk in there also so nothing was noticed by the thieves. These kind of people don't take no for an answer. They all ways come back. My mistake was not calling the Sheriff and have Bell arrested. I got my truck back myself. I've never hated anyone like I did Bell. He tried everything to get me to let in to him. All he got from me was contempt. I sent him away at gun point (Ruger 44 Mag.) when he just showed up at my house.
One windy October night 2010 I was awakened by my neighbor Jeff yelling Fire. It was my shop 500 feet West and up wind of me. Fully involved. Bell threatened me I wouldn't see it coming. He was almost right. Embers were catching dry bushes and got to my daughter's green house before anything could be done about it. I saved it and my house was saved. The shop was gone in less than 30 minutes. I'll post a pic tomorrow of what's left. I had plans for Mr. Bell. Before I could get my satisfaction on him and get myself into trouble, he died smoking Meth. His heart gave out. We were the same age 55. Robbed again. Riding bikes can be a lot of fun. It can also bring you into contact with shady and flaky people. That I learned the hard way.
Steve

Daughters green house now Bossie's house.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

z2 750 crank 31 Jan 2015 19:25 #660267

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014

les holt wrote: If you have a Z2 block, I'd be interested in that, Need one for a Zephyr build

Les Holt

A 70's Z2 wouldn't work on a Zephyr would it? I'm planning on buying a Z1/KZ900 crank just to have on hand. I've let a couple go but now, I might go back to it and sell the Z2 crank rather than shaving the barrels. Like I said before, the Wiseco pistons cast or billet were even with the deck. That's why I didn't notice the difference. As for the rods being longer BS. The 750 sleeves are the same length and diameter. They fit right into the 903 barrels. I still have them. If anything the wrist pin was lower and the rod was shorter. I couldn't tell the difference. So I used it.
Steve

z2 750 crank 01 Feb 2015 06:03 #660285

• les holt
  • Vendor
  • Thank you received: 288
Nope, wont work. But still need for one for the build. B)

Les

z2 750 crank 01 Feb 2015 06:29 #660286

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
From what I remember, there was no difference between the Z1 and Z2 except the bore and now the crank. Everything else was identical. Even the head. The one I had had broken Finns but the valves were the same. I cannibalized it for my bike. The clutch springs were red so I didn't use them. Figured they were weaker. A few are still laying around over there. I still have a question on the piston size. I'll go digging for them if they're still buried with the rest of the small parts. Got cited be Code for having a junk yard (I wonder who did that) and had to get rid of all my parts bikes. I had everything from a Rupp dirt bike to a Honda 550 four. It's all gone now.
Steve

z2 750 crank 01 Feb 2015 07:50 #660292

• les holt
  • Vendor
  • Thank you received: 288
Do not care about the bore condition, would like it to have no broken fins but I can fix them if I have to settle for a damaged block.

Les

z2 750 crank 01 Feb 2015 11:30 #660307

• BohicaBob
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 34
To my way of thinking, putting a Z2 58mm-stroke crank should provide a higher rpm ceiling that the Z1's 66mm- stroke crankshaft: hp = torque x rpm. With much work to the cylinder head, bigger valves, appropriate compression ratio, pistons and bore increase (new liners?), a Z1 with Z2 crank at around 1000cc might make for a nice strong street runner. :)

z2 750 crank 01 Feb 2015 12:15 #660310

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
It is but I have to use the clutch more than I should on take off. That's because the stock KZ pistons are 2/4mm below deck height. The 10.25 were even so my compression was up. If the rods are shorter it's not by much. Not by 8mm. I found a stock Z2 750 piston and will measure it against the 1015 and see what the differences are.
Steve

z2 750 crank 01 Feb 2015 16:04 #660331

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
I dug up the piston. It's a 66mm not a 750 one. I'll dig deeper. Here's some pics of my dead shop.
Steve

I planted that cotton wood in 84 when I built the shop. In the summer it shaded the whole E side against the sun. The olianders were covering the back. Nothing left now.

Last edit: by SWest. Reason: add text