Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Another close call ! 16 Feb 2015 20:53 #661828

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
  • Thank you received: 2621
They changed the zoning from W 2 to R 1 thinking the property values will go so they can sell. I didn't for years. They sold and left us with more rules and taxes. They're dead now. The values came up on their own after they sold. I wouldn't be here if I didn't have 5 acres. Even then it's getting too crowded.
Steve

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Another close call ! 17 Feb 2015 10:50 #661863

• spdygon
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 117
Well I had a close call two weeks ago on my second ride after 18 years. Coming up a hill toward a intersection....had green light and notice a SUV on my right wanting to make a right turn.
I was on the right lane and just did not felt right so I start to slow down when the the sucker decided to make the turn into my lane :angry: . Good that i was still a distance away and was able to avoid them.
All this will on my second drive and to make things worse I had my 14 year old son with me on his first ride.
Driver was a very old man driving his very old women.
1982 GS1000sz Katana ( #15...17K Miles)
1982 GS1000sz Katana ( # 297....7100k Miles)
1978 Kz1000 Z1R. 10K Miles1
1978 kz1000 z1r 27k miles
1977 KZ 1000 A ( Project ) 54K Miles
1976 Kz900A4 (Red)21K miles
1976 Kz900A4 ( Red)7500 miles
1974 Z1 900 project

Another close call ! 17 Feb 2015 12:37 #661875

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
They yank his license on the spot if a cop see this. You see 80 year old men driving Land Yachts that shouldn't be driving anything. Once they reach 65, they drop a digit off their IQ.
Steve
That's scary, I'm 60. :ohmy:

Another close call ! 17 Feb 2015 14:21 #661884

• Zephyrrider
  • Zephyrrider's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 50
Nothing you can do about animals - you're in their world like theses dickheads surfing with sharks - they wonder why one has a chew on them quite regularly here.
Been riding non stop for 32 years - that old ass would have coped a shitload of abuse from me - dont care if i look like a loonie- thats my life they are playing with - shouldnt be anywhere near a vehicle- a golf cart maybe. :)
Mick
1994 ZR750 Zephyr C4.

Another close call ! 17 Feb 2015 19:48 #661928

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
Just like that golf cart scene in Falling Down with Michael Douglas.
Mick I was able to watch your clips on my Nook tablet. Now on my computer. I made mine smaller and will try to put one up.
On a bike you have to be in touch with that "little voice" inside you. Your coming up to a side road, Your behind a big truck turning on to that street, you see cars waiting, you feel the car will pull out because the driver isn't looking for a bike, you slow way down and it does. She looks right at you with fear in her face, realizes your stopping, smiles and gives a wave in 4 or 5 seconds. It happens fast and that voice is right. I didn't listen in 86 and that nearly did me in.
True story, it happened.
Steve

Another close call ! 17 Feb 2015 22:44 #661938

• Zephyrrider
  • User
Steve will have to watch falling down again one day - all i can remember is him losing it in a big way - fair while ago i watched that one
Saw American Sniper at the local cinema today - excellent stuff.Clint has only made a few bad ones.
How did you like the clips ? Look forward to yours.
My golden rule on the bike has always been "Never trust anyone" and just because they are sitting at a Stop sign don't mean they are gonna stay there. I piss off a lot of people around here if they are compromising my safety and near get into a few fights over it - dont care - my hair trigger- makes life a little exciting.
Must have banged you up pretty bad in 86 mate,
Mick.
PS trucks can have the whole road as far as i am concerned - too big to feck with.
Mick
1994 ZR750 Zephyr C4.

Another close call ! 18 Feb 2015 05:40 #661947

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
I've had big rigs run interference for me without knowing it. On the 99 there was a line of them and one in the passing lane. He could have gone over but stayed there pissing me off. No were to go I had to stay behind him. When he finally moved over, I could see two morons playing bumper cars ahead of me. I timed the traffic so when they were busy FKing with each other in the passing lane, I got around them and put some distance between us. CHP's was on the other side Code 3. The truckers must have called it in.
I was like a rag doll in the wreck. All I remember is the truck pulling to one side after Bell passed on the right, I dropped down 1 gear, that voice told me to wait, started to roll it on and the truck turned left in front of me. No where to go I put the bike side ways and stepped off. Next thing I knew, I was laying in the desert with people standing over me. No helmet (I landed on my face), it was hot and a lot of pain. Three illegal aliens in the truck poured water from their cooler around me and used a sheet to give me shade. I was on the front page of the Desert Sun. They had just given me Morphine so I had a smile on my face. It was deemed my fault because my skid mark was on the other side of the line. It was shaped like a J. No time. The bike went under the truck and out the other side. Bell left me laying in the desert because he had traffic warrants. The rest is in another thread. I'm convinced it was a "HIT" set up by Bonnie my EX and the local biker trash. Bell walked me into it. I never liked him and didn't want to go to the store to lend him $0.35 for a pack of cigarettes. I was weak minded and let him talk me into it. Hardest lesson I ever had to learn. Now if someone tries to get me to do something I don't want to, I have a hair trigger too. I'm patient but when they persist BOOM. I let them have it. I don't have time for assholes.
Steve

Another close call ! 18 Feb 2015 12:39 #661988

• Zephyrrider
  • User
Steve - who needs enemies mate :(
Mick.
Mick
1994 ZR750 Zephyr C4.

Another close call ! 18 Feb 2015 16:43 #661998

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
Some lessons are hard learned.
Steve

• Page: