• Page:

TOPIC:

Poker Run for a Friend 27 Jun 2010 09:04 #378532

• Kawickrice
  • Kawickrice's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • After Monday & Tuesday, even the calendar says WTF
  • Thank you received: 18
Went on a poker run for a friend who just passed away last week. Her name was Marge and was a biker chick with a big heart. She has worked for Thunder Bay Cycles for many years and knew most of the local biker community.

As most poker runs go it is basically a bar hopping run to raise money. We raised over $2500.00 for her teenage son who is totally lost without Mom to care for him. There was over 75 bikes on my last count.

I was trying out my panaramic feature on my camera to see just what would happen and I must say the function is cool to mess with since the bikes were scattered all over the parking lots.

I met an old school dragracer that was hovering over my bike and I asked him if he liked what he saw and he said "Hell yes I have 9 Kaws and 15 bikes total. He walked me over to his bike he was riding and sure enough he was on a 75 Z1B and his buddy was riding his Nitrous bottled Vrod. He has a stash of parts so naturally I had to get his number for the future. Some of the bikes he mentioned was 2 KZ650's 2 76 LTD900's the Z1B a Z1 and some dragbikes with turbos and nitrous.

On the run I got stuck next to a smelly scruffy biker who had to trailer his bike home after the last stop. When the pack would leave a stoplight they were all full throttle and I was no exception. I kept hearing one hell of a clunk from the guy next to me who blew the clutch out of his bike just trying to keep up. :laugh: I got a pic of him working on his bike while everyone else was partying.

Check out the slideshow I put together. The panaramic pics are in there too.

s828.photobucket.com/albums/zz204/kawick...current=bb8d7b3e.pbw
73 Kawasaki Z1
07 HD CVO Ultra Classic
82 Suzuki GS 1100
74 Yamaha RD 350 (My two stroke toy)
77 Kawasaki KZ 650B-1 (My putt around bike)
80 Indian Moped (My American Iron)
Long Gone
75 Suzuki GT550
74 GT 380
79 RD 400 Daytona Special
72 Honda CL 175
74 Honda QA 50
Tampa FL

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page: