Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

'82 GPz-750 20 Oct 2014 16:24 #651280

• SonicVenum
  • SonicVenum's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0

TexasKZ wrote: In stock configuration, they often go straight up from the carbs, rearward along the frame, down behind the airbox, ending 2-4 inches below and in front of the swngarm pivot. Many guys with pods will simply end them behind the side covers.

Great! Thanks for the reply. Any idea why the PO would have plugged one of them? I wonder if he was trying to band-aid another issue? I did notice the o-rings on both Ts were shot. I replaced all four.
1982 GPz-750

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

'82 GPz-750 20 Dec 2014 12:37 #656543

• SeanD
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1

SonicVenum wrote:

TexasKZ wrote: Any idea why the PO would have plugged one of them?

Maybe he dropped his chopstick... It's like dropping a bolt into and engine and having it rest right on top of the trans. I mean, you figure he'd had TWO chopsticks and would have just plugged both of them... :huh:

As far as paint- you can easily have a sign guy make your paint guy a stencil from transfer tape for the KAW script. If make cost you $15. Or you can buy decals off ebay in any color you want, then just clear over them into your paint. The stripes can be simply taped off and sprayed. Do what ever color you want. If you ax me... There are enough red ones around...

And btw, I sent you a PM regarding the grab bar.

1981 Virago 750 Streetfighter
1982 GPZ750 in progress

Last edit: by SeanD.

'82 GPz-750 08 Jan 2015 20:30 #658122

• Bad Kaw
  • User
  • Flying Squirell
  • Thank you received: 13
Cool bike. So, how's it going?
78 Kawasaki Z1R
81 Kawasaki KZ1000J (mods)
82 Kawasaki ELR Clone (1000 J)
82 Kawasaki KZ750R1/GPz750 ELR-ed
70 Kawasaki KV75
83 Honda CB1100F (few mods)
79 Suzuki GS1000 (rolling frame / project / junk)
84 Suzuki GS1150ES (modified project)
83 Yamaha XJ900R (project / junk)

'82 GPz-750 09 Jan 2015 08:59 #658173

• SonicVenum
  • SonicVenum's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Thanks. It's going well, but kind of in a holding pattern right now. Once I got the bike to start up, I decided to register it. Turns out, for some bullsh*t reason, the bike was still in the CA DMV system despite not being registered for 11 years. It's supposed to drop out after 3 years here. The DMV gal had no explanation as to why it was still in their system, but it left me on the hook for $666. I smooth talked her into knocking off one of the 3 years I was responsible for, so that reduced it to $464. I paid $164 right there, and with the holidays right around the corner (at the time), I decided to pay the rest later.

Since then, I've been having trouble starting it up. I'm getting intermittent spark to all cylinders, and it won't fire up. I either have an ignition wire pinched by the tank, or bad coils. I haven't had the time and/or energy to tackle that just yet. But, on a positive note, thanks to SeanD, I'll be able to put a grab bar on the bike to bring back a little more of the originality.
1982 GPz-750