Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

1983 KZ650 CSR Build 23 Jun 2010 12:38 #377764

• ds4x4
  • ds4x4's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Been working on this project for 3 years or so. It's more of a fix and ride then a restoration.

This bike was bought in 91'-92' for $250 with 6K original miles, it had a complete tune-up and going over with paperwork in 91'. It then sat for 17yrs until i was given the bike minus the kerker exhaust, gas cap, petcock, fuel level sensor. I replaced all missing parts except the fuel lever sensor as i couldnt find it anywhere and put a set of Vance & hines 4:1. put a rattle can paintjob on after sandblasting everything. Cleaned the BS34 carbs out as best i could and put in some 110 Main Jets, then had issues at idle and starting. took it to a shop where the carbs got rebuilt and the tank ended up being rotten inside.

Got a spare tank, didnt fit. got another NOS 82' Kz650 tank, got professional paint on the whole bike and found out the 82 tank wouldnt fit either, now have to get the rear mount welded to the tank and the front mounts on the frame moved to accommodate the tank.

83\' KZ650 CSR ... 6K original miles..

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by ds4x4.

1983 KZ650 CSR Build 23 Jun 2010 13:46 #377770

• ds4x4
  • ds4x4's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
fast forward 3 years and the tank still needs to be welded and i have the carbs off now to make sure everything is open since it has sat for 2+ years. I'll get a shot of the new paint soon but it's a Harley Blue.

heres a few pics from when i first painted it, was suppose to be a Kawi Candy green (didnt turn out good) no pipes and original tires

83\' KZ650 CSR ... 6K original miles..

1983 KZ650 CSR Build 23 Jun 2010 14:16 #377774

• csrjoe
  • User
Hey there, got the same bike too. Its 9600. miles young, I was wondering in your search for a new tank did you every look into a bigger one that would hold more fuel? If in a couple of years I still have the bike I thinking of bobbering it. Ive been looking on you tube and see alot of kz done, but not csr's. I would think with the different rake in the front it would be more fuctional. Anyway glad to see another csr on this site.

• Page: