Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

81 csr 1000 03 May 2010 21:30 #365386

• nedrowjoe
  • nedrowjoe's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
bought a 1981 csr 1000 after doing a little research, my father had a 1980 Z1 classic all decked in chrome and performance mods. I wanted to bring it to a new generation on a bit of a cheaper budget. I started looking and found this advertised about and hours drive as a csr 1000 13k miles $800.00 in the swapsheet that was it. drove out and like i said budget would not buy the bike if i couldn't get it running.spent two hours trying and had to call it quits. a woman was selling it her husband had passed and she was moving and needed the $. i told her guy friend that if he got it running to call me back and i'd throw him some cash for doing so.( they bought a battery and i came out) he called it was running, i was pumped. i set up the pick up. got there rode it, figured on needing the carbs worked on. Got ready to load it and there on the title it said one lean holding, i was devastated. drove back home again and told her how to go about getting the release, about a week later she called and said it was there made another trip (at this point about$135 in gas) got the bike to discover that there is some sort of charging issue. (i've posted about this and recieved some realy helpful suggestions) I have since replaced bars, plugs, wires, recharged the K&N's it came with, bridgestone spitfires, cleaned the carbs, replaced the RR.my next upgrades are hopefully a V&H 4 into 1 , rejet the carbs, and a gpz style fairing. I want to make this bike a tastefull custom and plan on updating with photos (this pic doesn't have the new bars) P.S. anyone interested in a sweet 2000 rm 125 1600 obo. then i can upgrade the csr
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by nedrowjoe. Reason: add pic

81 csr 1000 04 May 2010 05:09 #365413

• Mcdroid
  • User
  • Gone Kwackers
  • Thank you received: 303
Nice. Did the RR take care of the charging issue?
Michael
Alvin, Texas

1982 GPz750
1977 KZ1000A
1978 KZ1000A
1982 GPz1100
1975 Z2A

81 csr 1000 04 May 2010 07:25 #365434

• TeK9iNe
  • User
  • What did you do!?!
  • Thank you received: 28
Well thats real cheap for an old girl like that do far... :laugh:

Did the Rect/Reg unit cure your charging woes?

B)
Motorcycle Shop Owner/Operator

79 Kawie Z1000 LTD
81 Kawie Z1000 CSR
83 Honda VT750C A
85 Kawie GPZ900 A2
86 Zukie GS1150 EG
93 Yamie XV1100 E
Lucky to have rolled many old bikes through my doors ;)

81 csr 1000 04 May 2010 18:19 #365557

• nedrowjoe
  • nedrowjoe's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
i know i got her for a good price especially considering after i made a deffinate agreement to buy it she had about ten more offers most of which someone was trying to cut my throat and telling her whatever i would pay they would pay more and that they could be there sooner whenever the title was ready,considering i live an hour a way. I guess the kz folks really love and prize these, i know i do i fell in love with it as soon as i saw it. The RR did not fix my problem and i am on to the stator next i had the battery tested under load and it is good, cleaned up some horrible connections under the sprocket cover and was sure that was the problem but no such luck:( :angry: what do you guys think about going custom on the paint or restoring (revamping the factory) still has factory paint and pinstriping, i am missing the right side cover however, everyone wants an arm and a leg, i ride without until i find the right one and right price.

• Page: