Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

And so it begins 31 Dec 2009 15:38 #341415

• theocide
  • theocide's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Alright so Ive been riding my 1980 kz550a around since the summer and even though its southern California its getting too cold. After reading some of the great stuff on here I've got the bug to work on my bike now. I'm not even sure what I intend to do yet but I want to cafe it. I think i need to start with some new headers, possibly get my bike jetted correctly as well , the guy i bought it off had already put pods on it but I don't think he jetted it correctly. Anyway if you guys have any ideas by all means throw em out there, like i said I'm not totally sure how or what I want it to be like finished. Thanks in advance guys! pics will be coming soon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

And so it begins 31 Dec 2009 16:15 #341422

• TexasKZ
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2089
Have you looked at the gallery on this site? There are some pretty cool bikes on it that may give you some good ideas. Also, you might want to check Omar's Cafe.
omarsdtr.com/cafe.html
1982 KZ1000 LTD parts donor
1981 KZ1000 LTD awaiting resurrection
2000 ZRX1100 not ridden enough

And so it begins 02 Jan 2010 16:11 #341626

• theocide
  • theocide's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Ok here's a pic yes its my profile pic but you should be able to see it better this way.... anyhow, I just contacted a guy about getting a tail section put on with the light recessed in there , probably going to get that and maybe rear sets on it if I can. Then I'm probably going to have a go at taking the engine apart and cleaning it out. I have the clymer book on my model and some tools, also many friends with tons of tools I'm sure they would let me use. My question is am i being overzealous here? I hope i don't end up with my engine in pieces and be too broke to fix it or put it all back together.
Attachments:

And so it begins 19 Mar 2010 22:32 #354764

• porchev914
  • User
  • Whats that? Half of my swingarm is missing?!?!?
  • Thank you received: 19
Ahh, a fellow Ventura County resident. ;) Hows the bike comming?
FRANKEN Z!
1978 KZ1000 A2A with 08'Speed Triple SSSA and '06 GSXR1000 front end

• Page: