• Page:

TOPIC:

Restoring a kz750 thats older than me 01 Jul 2009 16:30 #303678

• Titus142
  • Titus142's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Ok not by much, Im 25 the bike is an 82 KZ750 E

I bought this on a whim for $900. Poor thing was in tough shape. It ran pretty good. It was quick. I had to have it the instant I saw it. I diffident even know what a KZ was at the time.

It had definitely sat for a while, and it had 32K on the odometer. Krylon paint job (they diddent even remove the tins to paint it red EVERYWHERE) and the worst seat ever.

I rode it, I rode it a lot. Put some new rubber on it first.

Oh and did I mention the starter clutch is junk? Had to bump start it everywhere. I got real stong real fast.

So since then I have painted and cleaned almost everything. I rebuilt the starter clutch. Half ass rebuild on the head (took it apart, put new seals in cleaned everything) Rebuilt the carbs. New front and rear bearings, chain, sprokets, New handlebars, made a new seat, dyna-s ignition, new plugs and wires.

I found a parts bike on craigslist. I traded an old welder I wasent using for it. Just mixed and matched parts.

Its still a work in progress. The motor (wich I have 3 of now) Needs to be gone through or something. And Im still having an issue with the charging system.

I wish I had more inprogress pictures. It was quite a ride this winter. Ill never forget when I pulled her out of the basement an got on her and opened it right up as soon as I hit the pavement. I rode around the lake once. It was 50 times faster than when I first got it, I had so sit down to calm down. What a rush.

Enjoy

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page: