• Page:

TOPIC:

kz750 ltd 1980 01 Jul 2009 00:12 #303555

• adri4n
  • adri4n's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
Hey guys,

Just bought a 1980 kawasaki kz750 ltd, pics are below, trying to look for a manual for the machine, tried an ebay search but no hits so far, I'm in australia and parts are a little harder to come by.

Just got the bike registered today, still waiting on a air filter, bikes in pretty good condition, some paint chips on the frame, seat lock is gone and seat is rotting, but engine is in good condition, charged up the battery and started up first time. So if anyone can point me to where I can get a manual or has a pdf to share i would love to hear from you. i can also be emailed at qwerty84@gmail(dot)com.

My plans are to just get it up and running properly and then slowly restoring it to original condition, unfortunately the bike had a small fall off the trailer when loading and now theres a dent in the previously perfect tank :angry: if any one can help i'll be happy to hear from you.

Things i need help with
1. Manual
2. maybe a new/used tank
3. Any help at all will be appreciated as I am a newbie mechanic.

Cheers all and thanks for reading.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

kz750 ltd 1980 01 Jul 2009 00:30 #303556

• Iron Duke
  • User
  • what are you rebelling against?
  • Thank you received: 0
Good score, fair looking bike. keep it up at E-bay still are best source,may take awhile but things you need will turn up. My sister is visiting me first week August she and her husband live on Kalyan Close in Caravonica Cairns Australia. good luck with your ride. Regards Duke
1982 KZ550 LTD C-3
1979 XS1100 F Yamaha

kz750 ltd 1980 01 Jul 2009 02:44 #303558

• Cychotic
  • User
  • No sir, I don't like it.
  • Thank you received: 0
Congrats on your new purchase, condolences on the dent on the tank. Before buying a new tank, you may want to look into repairing the original. I'd take a good picture of the dent and post it here and ask what is the best way to fix it. Chances are someone here might know of a cost effective repair (such as paintless dent repair). Here is a link to a free KZ750 manual download, doesn't say what years it covers but it may be what you need: www.repairmanualclub.com/motomanuals/index.php?dlid=1025 . Ya gotta register to download first, but it's free, and I've gotten a few good manuals from them. If that doesn't work, you might try doing a google search for a free KZ750 manual and see what kind of hits you get. There's more than a few websites out there that have free manual downloads. Good luck.
1977 KZ650 C1 with '78 C2 motor,
* OEM electronic ignition off '80 KZ750
* 4-into-1 header
* Uni Pod Filters
* #110 main jets, 17.5 pilot jets
1983 Honda V65 Magna stock...sold
1985 Kawasaki Ninja 600R project..sold
1997 Yamaha FZR600...latest toy

kz750 ltd 1980 01 Jul 2009 05:25 #303575

• adri4n
  • User
Yeah i'll try to post up a pic of the dent soon, its quite a big dent so don't know if i'll be able to fix it but we'll see after i get some pics up.

Thanks for the link, I tried downloading the kz750 manual on the site but it was for the twin. I've made a request for a manual so maybe someone has one somewhere. Been searching for a manual but so far no luck.

kz750 ltd 1980 10 Jul 2009 22:37 #306110

• adri4n
  • User
i managed to get a manual and just did some basic maintenence on the bike,

registered and fired right up after a new battery, new oil/filter, fuel filter and carbs cleaned.

Now its running well but when i pulled the new plugs to have a read, it seemed like plug 1 was doing ok, 2 and 3 looked lean and 4 was a little carbon fouled. Is this a sign of the carbs needing to be synced? i'll probably bring it in to my local mechanic for synching if thats what the problem is.. anyone can shed some light for me? thanks

• Page: