Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

My boys build thread... 17 Jun 2009 09:16 #299888

• timebomb33
  • User
  • Thank you received: 10
he did a really good job it looks like a current kx how long did it take him to do every thing. what engine work had to be done
1973 z1 2-1974z1-a,2-1975z1-b dragbikes1015cc+1393cc, 1977kz1000,1978kz1000,1981kz1000j, 1997 zx-11, 2000 z12r,1428turbo nitrous pro-mod and a shit load of parts thats all for now leader sask.,CANADA
I THINK MY POWERBAND BROKE

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

My boys build thread... 17 Jun 2009 09:37 #299893

• Locozuna
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
Nice job! I know a kid that did a 10 point restore on an off road machine and couldn't bring himself to get it dirty again! :laugh: He sold it! :P Got a nice chunk of cash and bought a street machine. ;)
KZ900LTD, KZ750LTD, KZ650, 72'Triumph Trident
"Over the Mountains
Of the Moon,
Down the Valley of the Shadow,
Ride, boldly ride,"
The shade replied
"If you seek for Eldorado!"

My boys build thread... 17 Jun 2009 09:59 #299896

• Barber
  • Barber's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Just got it completely broke in.... Didn't get any good wheelie shots... damn camera has some kind of delay on it, so everyone I tried to take came out empty...

Full blast pass

and another..

and a nice little stand up wheelie..
Green 76 Z900 A4

My boys build thread... 17 Jun 2009 10:09 #299903

• Barber
  • User
timebomb33 wrote:

he did a really good job it looks like a current kx how long did it take him to do every thing. what engine work had to be done

Two weeks, but most of that was waiting for the parts to get here..... He just did the top end.. piston/and rings/ect....

Locozuna wrote:

Nice job! I know a kid that did a 10 point restore on an off road machine and couldn't bring himself to get it dirty again! :laugh: He sold it! :P Got a nice chunk of cash and bought a street machine. ;)

No kidding.. :laugh: I don't think I have to worry about that happening with my boy... He's already wanting to hit the woods with it... but we had a pretty good storm here last night so he's going to have to wait a couple days....

Thanks guys... He did a pretty good job, and I'm proud of him.. :)
Green 76 Z900 A4

My boys build thread... 17 Jun 2009 12:17 #299922

• boots
  • User
I can tell by his smile it came out good! Nice job kid!!!!!Keep up the good work!!
Later, Boots
present bikes 1976 KZ900, 1978 KZ650 Past bikes Too many to remember!!Mostly Kawasakis and a few Sportsters

81 cb650

My boys build thread... 17 Jun 2009 12:33 #299924

• OKC_Kent
  • User
  • Thank you received: 20
Barber wrote:

OKC_Kent wrote:

What street bike is that in the background with the tall handlebars, next to the dirt bikes?

That is a 74 Jawa CZ... I found it in my buddy's barn.. it only has 13 miles showing on the od, and still has the tits on the tires.. plus it's ulgy has homemade sin, so I had to bring it home... Story is a guy bought it new, didn't ride it.. his son got older and snuck it out for a ride, crashed it (headlight/turn signals/ect) he traded it to my buddy some time later....

I believe those JAWA CZ's are worth quite a bit these days, with 13 miles especially. Have you an idea of it's value?
Oklahoma City, OK
78 KZ650 B2 82,000+ miles

My boys build thread... 17 Jun 2009 14:15 #299945

• Barber
  • User
I haven't got a clue what its worth... I really doubt it's much though... I just got it because it was so ulgy, and was somewhat rare.... It's got great compression, but the carb needs gone through ofcoarse, and there are a couple wires on the stator that need replaced... all in all, most of it is there... just missing little things like the clutch pearch, ect....
Green 76 Z900 A4

My boys build thread... 18 Jun 2009 08:43 #300230

• OKC_Kent
  • User
  • Thank you received: 20
Well, I've seen them ask 2,000 to 4,000 for that year range. It's a 125 or 175, right? Check it out, yours could be toward the high end. Heres a few different JAWA/CZ from Walnecks, I think yours would land in the middle with some TLC

www.walnecks.com/find/search-results/Mak...DESC/Year-1900,1994/

Here is one on eBay now, put it on your watch list. Your should be close to it in value.

cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Jawa-Jawa-CZ-Jaw...|72%3A317|240%3A1318
Oklahoma City, OK
78 KZ650 B2 82,000+ miles

Last edit: by OKC_Kent.

My boys build thread... 18 Jun 2009 10:54 #300269

• Barber
  • User
Wow... I wish mine looked that good... the 20 some odd years it spent in the barn took it's toll on it... chrome pitted, metal rusted, patts broken/missing...

I would have never thought they would be valued that high though...

I get a chance, I'll drag mine out and take a couple pictures of it so you can see just how bad a shape it's actually in... which is a shame seeing how little miles are on it...
Green 76 Z900 A4

Last edit: by Barber.

My boys build thread... 18 Jun 2009 11:40 #300279

• Barber
  • User
As you can see mine is not in all that great shape... and I didn't remember it missing the side panel.. But you can see it does only have 13 miles on it... I took a picture of the tires, but they didn't turn out so good... they are the exact same as the one on ebay though.. and have the same name, and logo... I did notice that mine has the wrong turn signals in the front, as well as the wrong handle bars, but I think that's from where the orignal owners son wrecked it... but for the most part, it's pretty close to being orignal...

Green 76 Z900 A4

Last edit: by Barber.
  • Page: