Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Newbie trying to restore a KZ750 04 May 2009 21:55 #288047

• Bek82
  • Bek82's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Hello all, I am new to the forum and wanted to introduce myself and my new project.
I recently bought a 1979 KZ750t. The bike is in pretty bad shape, the fuel tank looks like it needs to be resealed, and there is a lot of rust where I'm assuming the seat used to be. These are my questions...
1. Although the bike is manufactured in 1979 it seems that the model number is actually KZ750G, which correlates to 1980. Does this mean that this motorcycle is actually a 1979 or a 1980? The reason I am asking is due to the massive amounts of parts that I need to order.

2. There is a cable leading away from the engine on the right side of the motorcycle that isn't connected to anything:blink: . It seems like the clutch cable, does anybody know where this cable is supposed to attach to?

3. My overall dream is to create a motorcycle that has an aggressive stance, with subtle cafe-racer tones. Since I am looking for a seat, I was wondering if anybody had done any mods with different types of seats instead of the stock one and how well it held up. Any help would be extremely useful regarding potential seats.

So far the carbs have been redone and I am going to start sealing the tank tomorrow. The petcock is gummed up but I can't get it apart for the life of me so I think I will just order another one. I'm waiting on a battery in order to try firing her up just to see what happens, but I will keep all you guys posted. Hopefully I won't have any fuel or electrical problems, and the only problems I will have will be cosmetic. Again thanks for the wealth of info that I found on this forum already and I look forward to your responses.
Bek

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Newbie trying to restore a KZ750 04 May 2009 22:55 #288049

• Just Yourshadow
  • User
  • Just taking life as it comes...
  • Thank you received: 0
Bikes are just like car in respect to model years, If it was manufactuered between june 1979 and june 1980 it is a 1980 model year
1976 KZ900A4
Kerker 4 into 1, Andrews 2X intake Cam, K&N Dropin Filter.

1982 Kz550-H1 GPz

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page: