• Page:

TOPIC:

750B hardtail 02 Dec 2008 09:44 #250367

• route66paul
  • route66paul's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Thought I would show the mock up:

I have to get my pipes tacked up and then it is to be disasembled for proper welding and spray bomb.

Then i get to detail the engine.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

750B hardtail 02 Dec 2008 10:23 #250372

• valvesprung
  • User
Screw paint it's perfect! (I'm more of a fan of the drag bar look, but otherwise IT'S PERFECT :lol: )
Jordan Green
HM Motorsports

750B hardtail 02 Dec 2008 11:20 #250383

• route66paul
  • User
The rust is too much! I was kicking around useing Rust mort(turns the rust to primer, and then clear coating with a mat finish - but...... Maybe a gray primer with clear coat, or some machinery type paint - grey with a mat clear. The headlight stays the same maybe the tail light box. The battery box is tight, I may have to rethink it.

It will be be hard enough on my back, the apes will make that a little easier - drag bars would have me crippled up - I am an old fart.

The bike ran last spring, so it should run if I wire it correctly. And since there are not a lot of chopper people that know jap bikes around here, the name comes off the tank and the plates will get filled in - let them guess!

Last edit: by route66paul.

750B hardtail 02 Dec 2008 14:13 #250412

• torkisgood
  • User
dig it man. did you stretch the wheelbase? love the taillight bracket. id like to see a better pic of your foot controls. I say leave the logos on the tank or your gonna have a lot of posers tellin you they love your xs650
82 KZ750 H
9 dirtbikes-all orange

750B hardtail 02 Dec 2008 17:15 #250434

• route66paul
  • User
5.5" stretch total - 4" drop. I think that it will be faster than most xs650 even with my big ass on it(I believe that bike was the fastest side by side twin produced to that time. I know that they smoked Nortons), let em guess! The front controls were an eBay find $65 - from a big Honda rt side has the rear master cylinder.

left matches the right. Resevoir is not screwed in place, I have to make a tab. skull pegs were in the deal -those pegs cost over $100 themselves. I am not a fan of skulls and flames, but......

Last edit: by route66paul.
  • Page: