Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

KZ750 Cafe Build! From chopper to rocker! 03 Dec 2008 21:11 #250589

• thelasthero
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Dude, ur bike's ugly. I would take speedadict's badass red racer any day of the week over that "brat" wanna-be harley piecer. btw, this is my bike in case ur wondering: kzrider.com/index.php?option=com_ponygal...tail&id=979&Itemid=6

wanna race? hee.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

KZ750 Cafe Build! From chopper to rocker! 04 Dec 2008 01:32 #250620

• guitargeek
  • User
  • Elitist, arrogant, intolerant, self absorbed.
  • Thank you received: 50
:laugh:
1980 KZ750-H1 (slightly altered)
1987 KZ1000-P6 "Ponch"
1979 GS1000 "Dadzuki"

KZ750 Cafe Build! From chopper to rocker! 04 Dec 2008 05:27 #250644

• PLUMMEN
  • User
  • Thank you received: 103
Wildh2oskier wrote:

Nah I don't have any answers. Hell I'm not even sure what the questions are. I just hate to see another twin sacrificed to the Gods of mediocrity.
If I offended you I appologise but c'mon another cafe? That is so cliche'.
Mine actually fits in no category, its just mine, a simple work in progress. Of course with our riding season here going from oh late Febuary through early Febuary I don't have a lot of time to tear one down and "customise" it just like everyone elses.

Heres what it was like when I got it.
kzrider.com/index.php?option=com_ponygal...&func=detail&id=1129

Here is how she looks today.
kzrider.com/index.php?option=com_ponygal...&func=detail&id=2726

id say speedadicts bike is far from just like everybody elses B) the orange bike looks cool also,if youre so worried about saving all the 750 twins start buying up a bunch of 650s and trade them for all the 750s you come across.just make sure to stock up on those harley surplus seats and exhuast systems cuz theyre the bomb on 750 twins!B) :laugh:
Still recovering,some days are better than others.

Last edit: by PLUMMEN.

KZ750 Cafe Build! From chopper to rocker! 27 Mar 2009 09:27 #275804

• speedadict
  • speedadict's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
Ok. Sorry everybody for the excessive wait. It has been a seriously long winter, and not much has been happening on this. I sent the seat to my upolstery guy. Soon we should have a seat. With a cushion this time! The Mac exhaust system is now installed and looks good. Should be spring soon...

KZ750 Cafe Build! From chopper to rocker! 27 Mar 2009 21:57 #275972

• Wildh2oskier
  • User
thelasthero wrote:

Dude, ur bike's ugly. I would take speedadict's badass red racer any day of the week over that "brat" wanna-be harley piecer. btw, this is my bike in case ur wondering: kzrider.com/index.php?option=com_ponygal...tail&id=979&Itemid=6

wanna race? hee.

Thats cool but callin me a harley wanna be when your bike has flames painted on it? If my bike has any sort of "heritage" or look to it what so ever it is more akin to the Rat Rods than anything else.
And no I don't wanna race. I'd get another GPZ if I wanted to do anything like that.

KZ750 Cafe Build! From chopper to rocker! 27 Mar 2009 21:58 #275973

• Wildh2oskier
  • User
PLUMMEN wrote:
option=com_ponygallery&Itemid=6&func=detail&id=2726[/quote]id say speedadicts bike is far from just like everybody elses B) the orange bike looks cool also,if youre so worried about saving all the 750 twins start buying up a bunch of 650s and trade them for all the 750s you come across.just make sure to stock up on those harley surplus seats and exhuast systems cuz theyre the bomb on 750 twins!B) :laugh:[/quote]
Well if they are free the who cares if they are the bomb or not?? The price is right.

KZ750 Cafe Build! From chopper to rocker! 28 Mar 2009 16:18 #276142

• 650ed
  • User
  • Thank you received: 2829
Everybody in favor of painting chain adjuster bolt threads (or any other bolt threads) please raise your hands. :S
1977 KZ650-C1 Original Owner - Stock (with additional invisible FIAMM horn)

KZ750 Cafe Build! From chopper to rocker! 31 Mar 2009 07:56 #276998

• speedadict
  • speedadict's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
What started off as a post to share a fun project, has turned into nothing but a whiny cry baby exchange. I just assume be done with this crap. I will keep my bike to myself and enjoy it with all the adults that don't hang out on this web page.

KZ750 Cafe Build! From chopper to rocker! 31 Mar 2009 08:14 #277000

• T_Dub
  • User
  • Thank you received: 25
Wow, don't do that man, we're all waiting for more updates!! Just because theres a couple haters around doesn't mean you have to deprive the rest of us!!
1977 KZ650B1
-810cc
-Cavanaugh Racing Head
-Mikuni RS34's
-GPR Muffler

KZ750 Cafe Build! From chopper to rocker! 31 Mar 2009 12:56 #277050

• KawiConvert
  • User
  • Thank you received: 4
Wildh2oskier wrote:

Nah I don't have any answers. Hell I'm not even sure what the questions are. I just hate to see another twin sacrificed to the Gods of mediocrity.
If I offended you I appologise but c'mon another cafe? That is so cliche'.
Mine actually fits in no category, its just mine, a simple work in progress. Of course with our riding season here going from oh late Febuary through early Febuary I don't have a lot of time to tear one down and "customise" it just like everyone elses.

I debated posting this a few days ago, but figured why not.

Mainly, I'd like to know what defines a cafe racer? Mainly I want to make sure that I am not riding a cliche'. If you could also define the other cliche' bike looks so that we can figure out where your "personalized" bike fits in cliche' wise. I'm gonna guess that it goes under the title of "bikes the owner didn't really know what they wanted to do with it so they mod as little as possible and then call it custom".

Awaiting your reply on this. I am curious because when I built my bike I didn't do it with the intent of being a cafe racer, rather I wanted a bike that was mine that was customized the way I wanted it. Hence the large tank, small seat, and hydraulic controls.

Speedadict, keep posting on it, it gives others ideas of what can be done, what works and what doesn't. If it fits you and what you want out of it, then don't worry what the others will say. In the end it is your bike.
1978 KZ650 D1 ~ Carb jetting: 107.5 & 20 & 4th groove with pods and 4-1 Exhaust

KZ750 Cafe Build! From chopper to rocker! 31 Mar 2009 13:39 #277058

• T_Dub
  • User
  • Thank you received: 25
I know right, dude's got a seat that doesn't fit his bike and a free harley pipe he picked up somewhere and he calls it a "style".
1977 KZ650B1
-810cc
-Cavanaugh Racing Head
-Mikuni RS34's
-GPR Muffler

KZ750 Cafe Build! From chopper to rocker! 31 Mar 2009 14:04 #277070

• irishwill
  • User
  • Thank you received: 6
Live and let live....nobody is going to build something that everybody likes....and even if you could and everyone in the world went out and got one....do you think it would still be cool?

I don't....some guys build bikes that are not nessesarily the way I would have done it....but THEY did it....and thats cool....so far as Im concerned.