Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

KZ750 Cafe Build! From chopper to rocker! 03 Nov 2008 18:40 #245431

• speedadict
  • speedadict's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Thanks guys... Pretty cool Tundra that you are adopting! Post a picture of your project bike on here. I would like to see it. I would restore it if I wanted to ride it, and cafe it if I wanted to look at... Cafe's hurt your hands like crazy! I haven't made a ton of progress because I have been so busy buying more junk.... I mean treasure! I bought that 650 the other day, and today I bought a 1966 Suzuki TC250 Scrambler and a Wissota Modified race car. I am working on a custom mount for the tach for the cafe bike. Then I will have some surprise graphics made.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

KZ750 Cafe Build! From chopper to rocker! 08 Nov 2008 06:44 #246261

• riverroad
  • User
  • 1980 1000LTD B4
  • Thank you received: 7
Bike looks good! Just wanted to mention I saw a cafe racer with side covers made from polished aluminum diamond plate that I thought looked good.

KZ750 Cafe Build! From chopper to rocker! 10 Nov 2008 13:12 #246655

• speedadict
  • User
Attention to detail is everything! Sorry about the indoor pictures guys. The weather has turned to winter here in Minnesota!
Attachments:

KZ750 Cafe Build! From chopper to rocker! 10 Nov 2008 13:16 #246656

• speedadict
  • User
Here is the tach from Mikesxs.com mounted. Looks great. The stock gauges where hideous looking... I had to come up with something different. The solo tach looks really cool. The tach cable is actually going to be run right through the headlight bucket.
Attachments:

KZ750 Cafe Build! From chopper to rocker! 10 Nov 2008 13:21 #246658

• speedadict
  • User
Ok... Well guys I could use some help with parts hunting/advice next. I am dreaming of ditching the controls and using something else. I think that something from a modern crotch rocket would be cool like from a zx6... Or maybe just some aftermarket chrome simple stuff? Where can I find these? I don't need anything but a high beam / low beam switch. There is going to be no ignition switch, no turn signals, no horn, no kill switch. Bare essentials only. I am also dreaming of a chrome chain gaurd to lose the stock one if possible....
Attachments:

KZ750 Cafe Build! From chopper to rocker! 11 Nov 2008 01:01 #246756

• KawiConvert
  • User
  • Thank you received: 4
speedadict wrote:

Ok... Well guys I could use some help with parts hunting/advice next. I am dreaming of ditching the controls and using something else. I think that something from a modern crotch rocket would be cool like from a zx6... Or maybe just some aftermarket chrome simple stuff? Where can I find these? I don't need anything but a high beam / low beam switch. There is going to be no ignition switch, no turn signals, no horn, no kill switch. Bare essentials only.

Ebay is where I got mine. I picked up a MC from a ZX-7, throttle from a Ninja 500 and kill switch from the ninja 500. They are easy to find and go between 5.00 and 20.00 depending on the day and item. Looking good, I like the way the tach fits.
1978 KZ650 D1 ~ Carb jetting: 107.5 & 20 & 4th groove with pods and 4-1 Exhaust

KZ750 Cafe Build! From chopper to rocker! 13 Nov 2008 20:06 #247271

• Wildh2oskier
  • User
I realise that I am a minority on this subject but if you are going to do the whole "cafe racer" look thing you ought to have done it to the 650 and kept the 750 in a usable condition.
Just my opinion but there are plenty of 650s out there so its not bad to do that to one of them.

KZ750 Cafe Build! From chopper to rocker! 13 Nov 2008 20:11 #247276

• Wildh2oskier
  • User
You ought to do something like this to the 750. Something real cool if your putting all that time and effort in it.
[/quote]

You can see more pics of this one in the gallery on page 3 of the 750 twins.

Last edit: by Wildh2oskier.

KZ750 Cafe Build! From chopper to rocker! 14 Nov 2008 06:43 #247348

• speedadict
  • User
Wildh2oskier,
Seeing how you have all the answers, you should show us all a picture of yours. If I wanted a street tracker, I would have built one.

Besides, I already have another "usable" 750. I didn't own the 650 when i started the build, and besides that, I don't want a four cylinder motorcycle. I buy bikes and then sell em after they are running good. The twins are keepers, the rest of you can keep your four carbs to yourselves. :P

Last edit: by speedadict.

KZ750 Cafe Build! From chopper to rocker! 14 Nov 2008 22:40 #247490

• Wildh2oskier
  • User
Nah I don't have any answers. Hell I'm not even sure what the questions are. I just hate to see another twin sacrificed to the Gods of mediocrity.
If I offended you I appologise but c'mon another cafe? That is so cliche'.
Mine actually fits in no category, its just mine, a simple work in progress. Of course with our riding season here going from oh late Febuary through early Febuary I don't have a lot of time to tear one down and "customise" it just like everyone elses.

Heres what it was like when I got it.
kzrider.com/index.php?option=com_ponygal...&func=detail&id=1129

Here is how she looks today.
kzrider.com/index.php?option=com_ponygal...&func=detail&id=2726

KZ750 Cafe Build! From chopper to rocker! 14 Nov 2008 22:42 #247492

• Wildh2oskier
  • User
Oh yeah congrats on the baby. They are so cute when they start trying to help daddy wrench.

KZ750 Cafe Build! From chopper to rocker! 03 Dec 2008 11:18 #250515

• speedadict
  • User
Hey dudes. Sorry for the long delay since the last post. I haven't made a ton of progress that is worth showing. I got the tach mounted, and the tach cable routed through the center of the headlight bucket. It looks cool. I have been buying more bikes! I got two Suzuki GT550 two stroke triples yesterday...

Anyway, can someone post a link of where I can order a Mac two into one system online? Dennis Kirk is out of stock and I would like to get one ordered and installed asap. I wish some other manufacturer made pipes for it, but I haven't seen any... DK price is $227 so I need to beat that. Thanks.