Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

IS there an old kz (or zx) that ISN'T a project? 10 Aug 2008 05:03 #231105

• gpzrox
  • gpzrox's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Just got finished checking the torques on the motor and wheels last night, hope to survive a test ride today to see how I/we did!

Blew an o-ring on the head, then found the threads stripped on the jugs, so a top end was done. Now, finally, for the first time since the spring shake down ride, she'll be back in the curvies....

84 GPZ750. Modded with stock Kawasaki parts: ZR-7 shock, ZX-6 coils, GPZ1100 throttle, EN454 brake, GPZ900 fuse box, etc. and non stock: Ken Sears mirrors, K&N filter, Pirelli Sport Demons.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

IS there an old kz (or zx) that ISN'T a project? 10 Aug 2008 05:49 #231107

• bill_wilcox100
  • User
  • Thank you received: 5
That bike is so cool. Well done... really good stuff. :cheer:

What is that colour called?

Best of success. :)

PS
How about her year, model and location in your signature to celebrate her launch. :P
1977 KZ650-B1 (Stock)
Upgrades:
- Dyna S Electronic Ignition (DS2-2)
- Dyna 3 Ohm Coils (DC1-1)
- Coil Repowering Mod
- Progressive Springs Front & Rear
- Saddlemen Seat Cover
- New Metallic Red Re-Paint & Repro Badges.
Montreal, Canada

Last edit: by bill_wilcox100.

IS there an old kz (or zx) that ISN'T a project? 10 Aug 2008 05:57 #231108

• Locozuna
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
Looks good! Gotta ask tho....did the Hulk pee all over the place before taking the picture? Or maybe he pee'd on my monitor cause everything seems to be green or turquoise.
KZ900LTD, KZ750LTD, KZ650, 72'Triumph Trident
"Over the Mountains
Of the Moon,
Down the Valley of the Shadow,
Ride, boldly ride,"
The shade replied
"If you seek for Eldorado!"

IS there an old kz (or zx) that ISN'T a project? 12 Aug 2008 02:55 #231514

• gpzrox
  • gpzrox's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
1)Profile updated.

2) Color? Honestly don't know. Friend told me to come by his shop, a couple of weeks of evenings of sanding and primering and painting later it came out this color. It was fun having him pick out the color, 'cause he wasn't influenced by the Kawasaki heritage, or my green Timax jacket. He just looked at the lines and thought this was best. I like it.

3) Lauch is not a maiden one, she has been around my place for 4 years or so now. She will retire here though if my son doesn't want her in 17 years or so.

4)Yeah, I have to find a better place to take a picture. Should get some action shots late this month on the Ride for Kids and the state rally. That should get some road in it, and maybe a guard rail!

5)Pulled the lowers off, prefer the "naked" style that is popular now. And thinking of painting the frame this winter, thinking about dark silver. And the seat is going to be done, possibly gunfighter style.

Umm, did I say this is my continuing project???
84 GPZ750. Modded with stock Kawasaki parts: ZR-7 shock, ZX-6 coils, GPZ1100 throttle, EN454 brake, GPZ900 fuse box, etc. and non stock: Ken Sears mirrors, K&N filter, Pirelli Sport Demons.

• Page: