Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Trying to save another one! 06 Jul 2008 16:10 #224498

• Sail
  • Sail's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Well I broke down and bought a 1978 KZ750 twin. The previous owner had bought it as a project last year and just never had the time to do anything with it.
My best guess is that it last ran back in 94, 14 years ago!
Considering that it was built July, 1977 it is barely broken in with just under 29,000 kilometers or about 18,000 miles.
It is pretty much complete but that doesn't mean anything since all the rubber, other than tires, is dried and cracking, as well it appears that the bike was dropped on the right side, not seriously but the right side is just a little off. Brake lever and exhaust are just a little bent and crashed.

Any suggestions as to what to look for and how to get the airbox out would be appreciated. Also are manuals available any place?

Thanks!
Ken
1978 Kawasaki KZ750 B3 Twin

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Trying to save another one! 07 Jul 2008 00:00 #224572

• WPBill
  • User
  • Thank you received: 12
Sorry but I don't have any info that could help you out.

Just wanted to wish you luck with your project. I've always kind of wanted a KZ750 Twin, maybe someday I'll be able to find me one of my own to fix up.
You can only be young once, but you can be immature forever!

Kamakura JAPAN, 1975 Z1B (x2, both in storage)

Trying to save another one! 07 Jul 2008 00:46 #224577

• Mcdroid
  • Away
  • User
  • Gone Kwackers
  • Thank you received: 304
Hello Ken...I'm waiting for some of the 750 twin gurus to leap in here (there are a number on this site). To answer your question, the manuals are readily available on eBay (and reasonably priced), I recommend you buy a genuine Kawasaki manual. There may also be a free on-line version, but the 750 guru(s) will have the link to that.:)
Michael
Alvin, Texas

1982 GPz750
1977 KZ1000A
1978 KZ1000A
1982 GPz1100
1975 Z2A

Trying to save another one! 09 Oct 2008 17:07 #241004

• ER750
  • User
I also have a 78 KZ750 twin and I almost have mine ready to run but winter has set in (it is snowing today and will for next 2 days). I found a good recycle yard for parts that are not very expensive too. Try www.motorcycle-recycle-center.com The guy you speak with is Roger Wallick. He has many bikes and some parts may need to be either painted or rechromed but they are very affordable. I just got a starter from him and it was only $70 and then shipping was $9.60 (hs uses USPS priority mail) If you need it I have his phone number an d his cell number too. But then again they are listed on his web site too. Thanks to him Mine will be ready when spring comes in about 6 months.

Trying to save another one! 11 Oct 2008 07:58 #241245

• Beatpoet
  • User
Dangit, I don't care how bad you think it looks I need a picture :laugh:

• Page: