Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Saving this '78 Z1R from certain death..... 20 Jul 2008 18:16 #227335

• Russr33
  • Russr33's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Bad Kaw you recognize the GS from GSResources. Thanks for the compliment. I was actually going to PM you a while back with a question about the Z1R (can't remember now what it was) b/c I had seen you on both forums and knew you had one. You are my hero BTW; I am very envious of your garage! That's what I would eventually like to have; a small collection from the 70's and 80's with at least one model from each of the big four. And yes the cb1100f is definitely on my list. Almost pulled the trigger on one a few months back.

Right now the plan is to get the Z1R running and then make a determination on what to do. What's holding me back from just diving right into it is a beautiful 1985 GPZ750 Turbo with under 5000 miles and just one small scratch that's available about 2 hours from me for a very fair price. If I could sell the Z1R and a 1980 GS1100E I have, then I would be able to get it (if by chance it's still available.) If I had to pick my most coveted model right now, that would probably be it, and to get one in such good nick has me dreaming. Of course if I could just get both my choppers sold I could have them ALL!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Saving this '78 Z1R from certain death..... 24 Jul 2008 20:23 #228165

• MFolks
  • User
  • Thank you received: 540
Two websites might have reproduction parts for the older Kawasaki's www.sudco.com and www.airtech-streamlining.com
1982 GPZ1100 B2
General Dynamics/Convair 1983-1993
GLCM BGM-109 Tomahawk, AGM-129A Advanced Cruise Missile (ACM)

Saving this '78 Z1R from certain death..... 27 Jul 2008 15:14 #228565

• Bad Kaw
  • User
  • Flying Squirell
  • Thank you received: 13
Russr33,
Thanks for the compliments man; but my collection is most likely not worthy. Don't read "pristine running bikes" when you see my collection; for the most part they are a very used group. The 1150 is currently throwing me some aggrivation, but I'll get it dialed in. Yeah, those stupid CB-Fs have some weird appeal that I can't get away from; and if you run across one it will be the most difficult beotch to modify (or fix!). With the Honda my approach has been to go 'whole hog' on whatever modification I am contemplating. This has paid off b/c it's got my mind where it needs to be when working on my other rides. (I can't leave anything alone!:blush: )
The Kaws and Suzukis are much easier to work on.
I used to have a 750 turbo; it was fun, but - much like the rest of my herd - it was a big roach...total ELR green paint, beat up tank, 15 years of neglect...but it was cool enough I might buy it back:lol: ...what can I say, I'm addicted!

Anyway, give us the plans on your Z1R, and good havin' ya!

-KR
78 Kawasaki Z1R
81 Kawasaki KZ1000J (mods)
82 Kawasaki ELR Clone (1000 J)
82 Kawasaki KZ750R1/GPz750 ELR-ed
70 Kawasaki KV75
83 Honda CB1100F (few mods)
79 Suzuki GS1000 (rolling frame / project / junk)
84 Suzuki GS1150ES (modified project)
83 Yamaha XJ900R (project / junk)