Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Notice to Canadian Ebay Buyers from Ebay. 06 Jun 2022 08:25 #868352

• hardrockminer
  • hardrockminer's Avatar Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 1008
I received this notice today.  I can understand paying tax on new items, but used stuff too???

Dear eBay Canada Buyer,Due to legislative changes in Canada’s tax laws, eBay will be required to charge and collect Canadian GST/HST, QST, and PST on applicable sales to Canada-based buyers, effective July 1, 2022. Please note that these changes will affect most e-commerce companies that operate in Canada.Starting on July 1, 2022, for all sales of tangible goods sold within Canada, eBay will be collecting the Canadian sales taxes (GST/HST/QST/ PST) from Canada-based buyers on behalf of Canada-based sellers (irrespective of their tax registration status) and remitting the tax to the appropriate tax authorities. eBay will also be responsible for collection of the Canadian sales taxes on supplies to Canada-based buyers of digitally downloaded goods, including sales from non-Canadian sellers.To ensure that the correct amount of tax is applied on your eBay purchases, please confirm that your account information is up to date. Upon the launch of this sales tax implementation, eBay won’t be able to support and accept exemptions for buyers who qualify for the First Nations or resale exemptions. First Nations buyers can apply for a rebate to the CRA on exempt purchases. For provincial exemptions, buyers can go to the respective tax authority for a refund.eBay’s  Terms & Conditions  have been will be updated to implement these changes and provide for compliance with applicable laws.Additional information about the federal measures can be found at the CRA site or by calling their hotline:  Notification and information reporting: GST/HST for digital economy businesses - Canada.ca Please consult with your tax advisor if you have specific questions or concerns about these changes.As always, thank you for buying on eBay.
The eBay Canada Team 
I have several restored bikes along with a 2006 Goldwing with a sidecar. My wife has a 2019 Suzuki DR 650 for on and off road.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by hardrockminer.

Notice to Canadian Ebay Buyers from Ebay. 06 Jun 2022 08:48 #868353

• daveo
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 622

I received this notice today.  I can understand paying tax on new items, but used stuff too???Dear eBay Canada Buyer,Due to legislative changes in Canada’s tax laws, eBay will be required to charge and collect Canadian GST/HST, QST, and PST on applicable sales to Canada-based buyers, effective July 1, 2022. Please note that these changes will affect most e-commerce companies that operate in Canada.Starting on July 1, 2022, for all sales of tangible goods sold within Canada, eBay will be collecting the Canadian sales taxes (GST/HST/QST/ PST) from Canada-based buyers on behalf of Canada-based sellers (irrespective of their tax registration status) and remitting the tax to the appropriate tax authorities. eBay will also be responsible for collection of the Canadian sales taxes on supplies to Canada-based buyers of digitally downloaded goods, including sales from non-Canadian sellers.To ensure that the correct amount of tax is applied on your eBay purchases, please confirm that your account information is up to date. Upon the launch of this sales tax implementation, eBay won’t be able to support and accept exemptions for buyers who qualify for the First Nations or resale exemptions. First Nations buyers can apply for a rebate to the CRA on exempt purchases. For provincial exemptions, buyers can go to the respective tax authority for a refund.eBay’s  Terms & Conditions  have been will be updated to implement these changes and provide for compliance with applicable laws.Additional information about the federal measures can be found at the CRA site or by calling their hotline:  Notification and information reporting: GST/HST for digital economy businesses - Canada.ca Please consult with your tax advisor if you have specific questions or concerns about these changes.As always, thank you for buying on eBay.
The eBay Canada Team 
The likes of Grandmotherly (not) Senator Debbie (stab US in the back) Stabenow (D-Mi) levied this on the US taxpayer in 2019.
It's an incredible pile of tax money sucked out of our pockets every day!  Gotta wonder where it all goes...
Also...the sales tax is levied on shipping cost too!

1982 KZ1100-A2

Last edit: by daveo.

Notice to Canadian Ebay Buyers from Ebay. 06 Jun 2022 16:08 #868386

• BCScott
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 97
Tax has always been charged on used parts if you bring them across the border yourself. I've tried to argue/reason my way out of it at the Roosville/Grasmere crossing, to no avail, of course!
Back in the saddle and loving it! KZ1000A1

• Page: