Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Annoyed/Irritated 19 Aug 2020 17:20 #833254

• HeiShadow10
  • HeiShadow10's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
So, I know a little off base from my usual, but just had this happen to me today. I was talking with a coworker and the subject of fun things to do after work came up. I mentioned I had a motorcycle and of course he said what kind. So,I told him a 1976 KZ400, and he said the most irritating thing. So, its just a dirt bike. I mean, the damn motorcycle is 16 years old them him and he has the nerve to say that. Besides, I ran through the whole thing from inside and out to get her up and running again. I'm just proud of myself, my first motorcycle I ever had, personally, and I tore her apart and built her up again. What's he do, he goes out and buys a brand new fancy motorcycle and feels so proud of it. Nothing against him, its just, as I see it, mine is built not bought. Is it just me, or does anyone else get annoyed by a comment like that.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by HeiShadow10. Reason: mispelling

Annoyed/Irritated 19 Aug 2020 18:58 #833271

• Street Fighter LTD
  • TURBO, Its Better to be Blown than Injected
  • Thank you received: 1967
I feel your pain
, but he may think dirt as all manufacturers now make a 450 cc dirt bike including Kawasaki. .Honest mistake, maybe ..
But the bond you have with your machine is understandable to all members here who have restored / repaired / maintained since new // resurrected their classic Kaws
Dave

Original owner 78 1000 LTD
Mr Turbo Race Kit, MTC 1075 Turbo pistons by PitStop Performance , Falicon Ultra Lite Super Crank, APE everything. Les Holt @ PDM's Billet Goodies . Frame by Chuck Kurzawa @ Logghe Chassis . Deep sump 5qt oil pan. RIP Bill Hahn
The following user(s) said Thank You: Grcko

Annoyed/Irritated 20 Aug 2020 10:42 #833326

• loudhvx
  • KZr Legend
  • Thank you received: 1615
Yeah, that happens with young guys. They eventually realize anyone can buy something. Only a few can build something.

Just ask them if they picked it out themselves or did someone help them.

Annoyed/Irritated 20 Aug 2020 18:22 #833368

• bluej58
  • Sustaining Member
  • The chrome don't get you home
  • Thank you received: 511
He probably pays a shop to change his oil
78 KZ1000 A2A

Annoyed/Irritated 21 Aug 2020 07:48 #833393

• HeiShadow10
  • HeiShadow10's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
Don't get me wrong the kid knows somethings better than me. But, it's like, really, you would rather go buy a new one and rag on somebody that takes pride and knows what he's doing because he's not afraid to ride what he's worked on. I guess different strokes for different folks, but I'd never poke fun as somebody that has fixed up and enjoyed doing it on an older motorcycle. Sure it might not be the biggest, loudest, or the prettiest thing out there, but that person put his/her time on it to get her up and running again.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Street Fighter LTD

Annoyed/Irritated 21 Aug 2020 10:26 #833406

• Grcko
  • User
  • Thank you received: 30
I work with a few guys that ride. One rides off road and has three or four bikes, a couple ride newer BMW's, one rides a Victory and a couple more ride HD's. Me, I ride an '83 440 that has spent more time being worked on than ridden in the last year. I get nothing but advice on issues and respect from them. Then again, we are all in our fifties. :laugh:
As Always,

1983 KZ440
The following user(s) said Thank You: Street Fighter LTD

• Page: