Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Would you pay... 11 Jun 2019 14:10 #805527

• Tvag06
  • Tvag06's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 5
I live in Connecticut and had a small flood from my plumbing. Caught it in time but some raw sewage told me the main was clogged. I called a couple plumbers and a scheduled an appointment the next day @ 3p. They came and power snaked my sewer main. 1 1/2 hrs. It was straight forward, no complications. Personable and competent. But they charged me $775 for this service. I'm no expert but based on my research that seems pretty steep for a relatively easy sewer line cleaning. They did not scope it, not did they use a water jet. Would you pay that price!? Thanks
'80 KZ440D - Stripped for rebuild - kzrider.com/kunena/11-projects/611352-st...ng-a-rusty-80-kz440d
'04 Suzuki DL650 K4 V Strom

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Would you pay... 17 Jun 2019 09:35 #805927

• Oldjeep
  • User
  • Thank you received: 31

Tvag06 wrote: I live in Connecticut and had a small flood from my plumbing. Caught it in time but some raw sewage told me the main was clogged. I called a couple plumbers and a scheduled an appointment the next day @ 3p. They came and power snaked my sewer main. 1 1/2 hrs. It was straight forward, no complications. Personable and competent. But they charged me $775 for this service. I'm no expert but based on my research that seems pretty steep for a relatively easy sewer line cleaning. They did not scope it, not did they use a water jet. Would you pay that price!? Thanks

Roto rooter charges me about $350 to come and power snake my main out and shove a camera through it. (This is in MN)
Chuck
81 KZ750 LTD
03 FZ1
www.oldjeep.com

Would you pay... 29 Jun 2019 03:59 #806661

• Rick H.
  • User
  • Thank you received: 254
I guess you are kind of stuck now for the $775.00. The only way I can see to avoid this is to get a couple of estimates first and go from there. Unfortunately, that doesn't help you out right now. Reminds me of when I had a small knee mill moved into my basement from my garage. There was a separate flight of stairs for the movers to use from the garage to the basement and the mill only weighed about 900 pounds. I didn't feel comfortable doing it myself. The movers came and loaded the mill onto a stair climber and in no more than 12 mins from start to finish, I timed them, had the mill in the basement. Banged me $400.00 for the job. $40.00 per minute roughly. I had an estimate, but certainly didn't think they would hold to $400.00 when it took just over 10 mins. They stuck to the estimate. Lesson learned.

Rick H.
Rick H.

1977 Kawasaki KZ-1000A1

Would you pay... 17 Jul 2019 16:28 #807686

• Tvag06
  • Tvag06's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
Brutal. I just paid these jokers and have been slamming them online. They were competent, effective and efficient but that price was just ridiculous. I expected that from somewhere like Roto Rooter or Aiello.
'80 KZ440D - Stripped for rebuild - kzrider.com/kunena/11-projects/611352-st...ng-a-rusty-80-kz440d
'04 Suzuki DL650 K4 V Strom

Would you pay... 18 Oct 2019 02:56 #812630

• camaroguy
  • User
I rented a power snake from home depot and did it myself. about 50 bucks
The following user(s) said Thank You: Street Fighter LTD

• Page: