TOPIC:

Happy Thanksgiving 22 Nov 2018 06:16 #794102

• TexasKZ
  • TexasKZ's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2051
Happy Thanksgiving to the KZR family!

In spite of life's difficulties, I think we can all find things to be thankful for, including that we live in a place and have the time and resources that allow us to peruse our passion for these old bikes. More importantly, for family and friends.

For members outside the U.S. who may not know, this is an annual holiday dedicated to giving thanks for all the many blessings of this life. According to tradition, it was first celebrated informally by the English Calvanists who settled the Massachusetts bay colony, probably in the late 1620s or early 1630s. It was first officially proclaimed a holiday by President George Washington in the 1780s. I am sure his proclamation can easily be found on the web. It is traditionally a day of gathering family and friends to share in a celebratory feast, usually featuring a roast turkey, bread, special veggies and pies. Oh, and rampant gluttony. Personally, I have many good memories of gathering at my maternal granparents' home with all the relatives from that part of my family. The smells, tastes, laughter and the rest are with me still.
As I am the designated cook this year, I had better close this and get on with business. Again, I wish each of you and yours a very happy and thankful Thanksgiving .
1982 KZ1000 LTD parts donor
1981 KZ1000 LTD awaiting resurrection
2000 ZRX1100 not ridden enough
The following user(s) said Thank You: bluej58, bluezbike, Street Fighter LTD

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page: