Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Sears trying to go out of business, or just stupid 21 Sep 2017 09:44 #771357

• loudhvx
  • loudhvx's Avatar Topic Author
  • KZr Legend
  • Thank you received: 1615
So I was searching for compression testers online for one of the threads currently going. I thought I'd check out Sears as they sold a lot of Actron tools in the past. Sure enough, they have many compression testers over a large range of prices, some are actually affordable. But as I was starting to look through the selection, their website pops up some adware trying to get me to register etc. I can't get it to go away, and the browser locks up. Since I can no longer see anything I was looking at, my shopping there is done, and I will not be buying anything or recommending any product for others to buy because I can no longer access the selection. Way to go.

Here's an idea, when people enter your store to buy something, ask them to please fill out a bunch of IRS tax forms before trying to make a purchase. That'll really help business.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by loudhvx.

Sears trying to go out of business, or just stupid 21 Sep 2017 12:38 #771363

• KZB2 650
  • User
  • Thank you received: 265
That's crazy Loud as I was just checking the selection on testers there too after I seen your comment under the engine section..... had a stem tester I bought there (first tool I bought) in 1981 for my 650 mercury synch second if I remember right..... both finally gave up ........ Adware didn't pop up for me but I agree its a very bad idea on there part ..... and yah they are going outta business been reading it for a while now.

I always bought (mostly anyway) Craftsman tools, Kenmore fridge, washer etc and had a credit card for years that the wife and I over used ......always thought the huge catalog you would get in the 50s and 60s was so cool.... best friend and I dreamed of searching in it for treasure with scuba equipment they had listed from age 10 to well in our teens ..... he even joined the Navy and passed the first test to become a seal but then decided to not go farther as he just got married. Even bought a pool table from em when my wife and I first got married but had to cancel after I came to my senses and figured I couldn't fit it in my 2 room apartment on the second floor with a tight turn through the hall way. LOL.

Ha this got me a think in of a calculator I bought way back in 74 or so there called the m8 that was one of the earliest hand held ones ....... won't tell you how much I paid but its only worth around 16 to 20 bucks on Ebay. Ok a hint its gotta go up at least triple to brake even.:blush:
1978 KZ650 b-2
700cc Wiseco kit 10 to 1.
1980 KZ750 cam, ape springs, stock clutch/ Barnett springs.
Vance and Hines Header w/ comp baffle and Ape pods, Dyna S and green coils, copper wires.
29MM smooth bores W/ 17.5 pilots, 0-6s and 117.5 main
16/42 gearing X ring chain and alum rear JT sprocket.

Last edit: by KZB2 650.

Sears trying to go out of business, or just stupid 21 Sep 2017 17:46 #771400

• bluej58
  • Sustaining Member
  • The chrome don't get you home
  • Thank you received: 511
I've had problems in the past with getting parts for my garden tractor
you get redirected to someone that you think works for sear parts , then they mark it up and hit you with a heavy delivery charge.
78 KZ1000 A2A

Sears trying to go out of business, or just stupid 22 Sep 2017 07:37 #771442

• loudhvx
  • KZr Legend
It'll be sad when they go. Many of my hand tools are Craftsman. The oldest ratchet I have from them is completely metal and has worked flawlessly for almost 40 years. I've bought other ones from them more recently and they have plastic parts which have broken on me in just a few years. I did eventually get them replaced, but with the same plastic parts, so they will not last very long once Sears goes under.

Sears trying to go out of business, or just stupid 22 Sep 2017 17:18 #771465

• daveo
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 633
America was and still is great, but it seems some powers that be don't like it that way. :pinch:
1982 KZ1100-A2

Sears trying to go out of business, or just stupid 04 Oct 2017 11:06 #772341

• Ed_in_Miami
  • User
  • Thank you received: 46
Going to Sears depresses me... nowadays only the Auto and tool areas seem to have customers, the rest of the store looks like a ghost town... sad
This is my build:
kzrider.com/forum/11-projects/600312-ano...rtment-build?start=0
There are many more like it, but this one is mine... news to come!

Sears trying to go out of business, or just stupid 11 Oct 2017 18:32 #772743

• baldy110
  • User
  • Thank you received: 510

loudhvx wrote: It'll be sad when they go. Many of my hand tools are Craftsman. The oldest ratchet I have from them is completely metal and has worked flawlessly for almost 40 years. I've bought other ones from them more recently and they have plastic parts which have broken on me in just a few years. I did eventually get them replaced, but with the same plastic parts, so they will not last very long once Sears goes under.

That's because Craftsman tools are now made in China.

Last edit: by baldy110.

Sears trying to go out of business, or just stupid 12 Oct 2017 07:26 #772773

• KZB2 650
  • User
  • Thank you received: 265
Bought a set of metric sockets ratchet and wrenches in 81 after picking up the 650 and would never dream of using anything else..... recently found a 1/2 inch ratchet, breaker bar exts and a full American socket set W/ a box at a garage sale (in exc shape) (maybe from the 60s ? for 5 bucks...... had it in my hand in a second...... Seems like I always strike out at these sales but I was a happy man that day.
1978 KZ650 b-2
700cc Wiseco kit 10 to 1.
1980 KZ750 cam, ape springs, stock clutch/ Barnett springs.
Vance and Hines Header w/ comp baffle and Ape pods, Dyna S and green coils, copper wires.
29MM smooth bores W/ 17.5 pilots, 0-6s and 117.5 main
16/42 gearing X ring chain and alum rear JT sprocket.

Sears trying to go out of business, or just stupid 17 Oct 2017 04:11 #773108

• JOE MKII
  • User
  • Thank you received: 25
The funny part is Sears was the original "amazon" stuff shipped straight to your door from clothes to entire barns!!
They should have dominated the internet business market, and if they would have had some foresight which seems like they should, if they had looked at there history, with proper ad campaign as the original "internet" suppler ..…. they knew how to do it once, good product multiple points and venues of purchase and great service.
I believe its called "Oppositional Defiance Disorder"

Sears trying to go out of business, or just stupid 17 Oct 2017 09:12 #773130

• loudhvx
  • KZr Legend
That's a good point. They did miss the boat, one they practically invented. They converted to brick and mortar and forgot how to do what they were known for.

Sears trying to go out of business, or just stupid 17 Oct 2017 17:44 #773175

• bluej58
  • Sustaining Member
  • The chrome don't get you home
  • Thank you received: 511

loudhvx wrote: They converted to brick and mortar and forgot how to do what they were known for.

Out house toilet paper:)
78 KZ1000 A2A

Sears trying to go out of business, or just stupid 17 Oct 2017 23:16 #773192

• loudhvx
  • KZr Legend
Ha! Yes, I've heard that as well.

• Page: